Chapter 15: I know you're faking it!

William's pov

The movie was finished and the credits were rolling. I heard snoring so I looked over at Mark, Keith, and Dylan and saw that they were all sleeping with their mouths wide open.

"Did you like the movie?" I asked Naomi.

"Yeah, it was awesome," she replied.

"Did you know we have a treehouse in our backyard?" I asked and she shook her head. "Come on."

I got up and walked toward our backyard. Naomi slowly got out of Dylan's arms and followed me. I'll be honest, I didn't want Naomi to be with Dylan. I didn't want Naomi to be with any guy. She's always going to be my baby sister and I'm always going to protect her. But she was old enough to make her own decisions and I wasn't going to stop her.

"Woah," I heard her say. "Can I go up there?"

"Yeah, sure," I said. S

he ran toward the treehouse and climbed the ladders. I climbed the ladders behind her.

"I built this."

It was true after I found this house and bought it, I decided to add a treehouse to it.

"Was it hard?" She asked and I nodded.

"It was really hard, I had to get Collins to help me out with this," I replied.

"It's just sad to know that..." She started but didn't finish her sentence.

"It's sad to know what?" I asked.

"Nevermind," she replied looking out of the treehouse.

"Tell me," I demanded.

"It's sad to know that I won't be able to experience the normal life," she whispered. I was really confused. It was sad to know that she wasn't going to be able to experience a normal life? What did she mean by that?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I won't be able to experience the normal life," she muttered shedding a few tears.

"You're going to have a normal life," I told her.

"No I'm not," she said chuckling dryly. "Can't you see it, Will? I have cancer, leukemia, there's no way I'm going to beat it."

"You're going to beat cancer!" I exclaimed. "I'm sick and tired of you saying that you're going to die because you're not! I know how strong you are, just have a little faith and hope!"

"Hope for what?" She asked wiping the tears. "Hope is a stupid thing! I can't just hope that I beat cancer when I know that I'm not! I'm not going to give myself higher expectations for no damn reason!"

"I don't care what you think, I know you're going to stay alive and I'm not going to lose hope," I told her as she wiped a few more tears. "I pray to god that you stay alive every single night, and when we were in that broken-down mess of a house, I always prayed that we got a proper house and now we do."

"I'm going to go get some food," she whispered climbing down the ladder. She was right about to walk inside the house but she just collapsed on the ground. My heart stopped for a few seconds. I climbed down the ladder and ran toward her.

"Naomi, wake up, I know you're faking it!" I said. Honestly, I didn't know anything. She's always played these pranks on me but I don't think it was fake this time. I knew something was wrong but I just didn't want to believe it. "Come on Naomi please wake up!"

Tears tickled the edge of my eyes. I got up and ran inside. They were still sleeping.

"Wake up! Naomi's passed out!" I yelled. They all got up and ran outside. Maybe Naomi was right, hope is a stupid thing.

Dylan by far looked the most panicked. Dylan picked her up and ran toward his car. "Keith, drive!"

Mark sat in the passenger and I sat next to Keith. "Speed up! My grandma drives faster than you!"

"That's one cool grandma," Mark said making Dylan glare daggers at him.

"Mark, Naomi is about to die in my arms and you're thinking about how cool my grandma is?" He yelled making Mark flinch. He held Naomi closer to his chest.

"Sorry," Mark muttered.

"Yeah, you should be sorry," Dylan snapped. "Keith, drive faster!"

We finally arrived at the Hospital and Dylan quickly ran out of the car.

MOO

Dylan's P.O.V.

Naomi was in the emergency room and Mark, William, Keith and I were all in the waiting area. Will was sitting on one of the chairs but kept on fidgeting in his seat, Mark was, like always, sleeping, Keith was sitting on his seat staring at the clock and I was walking around the room like a madman.

"Dylan sit down, she's going to be okay," Keith said.

"Do you know that for sure?" I asked and he looked away. Naomi was important, she was special to me. I couldn't bare the thought of losing her. I just couldn't. She was everything to me. I'd never felt this way about a girl before. I couldn't let her go.

"No I don't," Keith muttered. "Why are you so sad anyway?"

"What?" I asked.

"It's not like she's your sister or something," he mumbled.

"I like her man, a lot. More than anyone I've ever liked before." I snapped. It was the first time I opened up about my feelings about her.

"You and Naomi deserve the best things in life," Mark said to Will. I guess he woke up.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with my life if she dies," Will muttered. A nurse walked out of the emergency room making everyone get up and walk toward him.

"Is Naomi okay?" We all asked in unison.

"I'm afraid she... passed away."

As soon as those words came out of the nurse's mouth, it felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. I know it's cliche and all but it's true. The nurse excused himself and walked away. Keith walked back to where he was sitting, Will started to cry and went to the toilet, Mark walked back to his seat and I ran out of the Hospital while Keith and Mark chased me. I didn't care what they said or did. I grabbed a motorcycle that was parked outside the hospital and drove off.

Was Naomi really dead? Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe she isn't really dead. I tried so hard to convince myself that she wasn't gone, not yet at least, but deep down I knew she was. What a lovely lady she was. I missed her already. I wasn't ready to let go and to be honest, I don't think I ever would be. I was going to miss her so so much. I missed her bright green eyes that lit up every time she saw me. It showed how she really had feelings for me. I was going to miss her scent, she smelt of vanilla and flowers. I was going to miss her petite figure, how I could easily lift her and hold her tightly. I was going to miss her company, her touch. She made me feel alive. After years of feeling dead inside because of my sister, she made me happy. She made me live. And now she's gone. My baby girl was gone. And she's never coming back.

Ever.

A few tears escaped my eyes but I let them fall. I didn't care if anyone saw me. I basically made her High School years miserable.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't see the car coming toward me with full speed. I huge force pushed me off of the bike and I fell to the side of the road, hitting my head on the curb. I tried hard to stay awake but I couldn't. The sound of sirens put me to sleep.