Chapter 8: Cover yo damn ears

Dylan's pov

I ended up following Naomi home. I know, it's wrong but I couldn't help myself. I had to make sure she was safe. What was happening to me?

Deep in my thoughts, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going!"

I threw myself in a bush near me, making sure Naomi didn't see me. She kept walking. I got out of the bush and realised the person I bumped into was Mark.

"Hey man, what are you doing-"

I cut him off by shushing him. He ended up coming with me to follow Naomi home. I didn't tell him anything, not even why I was following her, yet he came along anyway.

MOO

We'd been walking for a long time now, way too long if you ask me. I was so tired. So was Mark.

"How much longer?"

I shrugged.

He stopped me making me face him. "Dude why are you doing this?"

I shrugged again but when I turned back, Naomi was no longer there. Both Mark and I panicked, looking around trying to find her.

I saw her entering this old abandoned house. It was big but falling apart. She's going to get herself killed I thought. I rushed to follow her inside with Mark right behind me. She walked up this long staircase which lead to this huge clearing. Mark and I crouched behind the wall, checking out the place. There was a single bed, a few trash bags, a mini-fridge, and a stove. Was this where she lived?

Suddenly Mark lost his balance falling on me resulting on me falling on the ground with a loud thud. Naomi and I stared at each other for a second, wide-eyed.

And then, she screamed. Making me screaming making Mark scream.

After she calmed down, she told us to sit on the bed, which I did. Mark sat on the ground.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked. I looked over at Mark for support but he was too busy staring at his fingernails for some reason. How do I deal with him?

"See, um." I tried to form the words but I just couldn't. I haven't told Mark about Naomi's condition and I didn't want him to know about it either. "Mark, cover your ears."

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Cover your damn ears," I told him in a funny accent making Naomi laugh slightly. He sighed in annoyance and covered his ears. "I really wanna kiss you right now/"

"What?" Mark and Naomi screamed at me in unison. "Test question, Mark, you were not covering your ears."

"Seriously dude," he whined. "Fine, I'll go and wait outside."

He huffed standing up.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked once again.

"After everything that happened today, I had to make sure you were safe. I was following you and Mark joined me." I looked down. "I'm really sorry, I know sorry doesn't make up for it-"

She cut me off. "It's fine."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"I kind of expected this," she mumbled. "And since you're here and have seen enough, I'll just tell you the story."

MOO

She was near the end of telling me every and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.