Chapter 9: Naomi!

Naomi's P.O.V.

"Oh no," I muttered.

Well, he's going to kill me. I was going to die and cancer wasn't going to be the cause.

Lovely.

"What are they doing here Naomi?" He yelled walking toward me letting go of Mark's ear. Poor guy.

"I- uh... they, um..." I stuttered.

"Yeah, that's what I thought!" He yelled glaring at me making me look away. "Get out!"

Mark and Dylan walked out.

"What were they doing here!"

I opened my mouth to begin explaining but he cut me off.

"Shut up!" He yelled. "Just get ready for bed!"

I obeyed and quickly got up from the bed and changed into my pajamas. I laid down on the ground and pulled the covers on top of me while Will slept on the bed.

"I'm very disappointed in you Naomi," Will muttered before falling asleep. Somehow his disappointment was worse than his hatred.

I tried to sleep but the only thing I could think of was Dylan. I'm not sure what about him. Maybe everything. How his short braids that covered his forehead or brown colour of his skin. Or maybe even the deepness of his voice. His sharp facial features and how big he was. Seriously, he was huge. Or maybe the trauma he's gone through. All the things he told me today, that's so much to carry on your back every day. Deep down, he was a great person, he didn't deserve what happened to him. With the thought of Dylan on my mind, I fell asleep.

MOO

"Naomi," I heard a familiar voice say. I opened my eyes and saw Liliana smiling down at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her in my morning voice as I slowly sat up.

"Will was really angry with you so he called me over to take care of you today while he's at school."

"It's a school day, I'm supposed to be at school," I told her. I was about to get up but she pushed me back on the ground.

"You're not going to school," she said.

"Why? I've ditched school two times this week, how can I not go?"

"Will already called them and said you're not going," she said. "And you have to go to the hospital today."

"Why?" I asked.

"More treatment."

"Okay," I mumbled getting up.

I walked toward the trash bag I have mt clothes in and picked out some clothes. I put on one of Will's t-shirts and shorts. I got my hairbrush and started to brush my hair. Suddenly, a huge chunk of my hair fell out and landed on the floor. I looked at the top of my head where it was bald. I brushed another part of my hair and a huge chunk fell out as well.

"Are you read-" Lili walked in but stopped talking when she saw me. "Oh my god."

"It's okay Lil," I said. "I knew it would happen sooner or later."

I looked back at myself in the mirror. What had happened to me? I looked older. I had bags under my eyes. My normally bright green eyes seemed way darker and I was now balding. I grabbed Will's razor and began shaving my head. Who cares anymore?

I grabbed a beanie putting it on. "Let's go."

I turned around and walked out of the room and toward Lili's car. I opened the passenger door and sat down. Lili walked out of the house and sat down in the driver's seat. She started the car.

MOO

"Miss Naomi Johnson," The nurse called my name making Liliana and I stand up and follow her inside this room.

The nurse made us sit down which we did. "Okay, Miss Johnson, has anything happened?"

I took off my beanie revealing my hair.

"That's a normal effect off chemo," she told us and I nodded. She ran some tests and left us alone.

It was awkward being there alone with Lili, which is new. It's never awkward with her.

The nurse came back with a sad look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Lili asked.

"You have two weeks to live," she said. I looked at Lili and back at the nurse. I got my beanie from her and put it on my head.

"Thank you," I mumbled as my voice cracked. I got up and barged out of the room and out of the hospital. My eyes got blurred by the tears and I wiped them.

"Naomi!" I heard Lili call my name but I just ignored her. I walked toward the bus station that was close to the hospital and waited there for a bus to come. "Naomi!"

"What?" I yelled at her as a few tears escaped.

"You're coming over to my house, get up," she ordered wiping her own tears.

"No," I said. "I'm going to stay away from everyone for the next two weeks, I don't want Will or you to be sad when I die."

"There is not a 100% chance that you're going to die."

"Yes, there is! Didn't you hear what the nurse said!" I yelled.

"I heard what she said, you were the one who didn't hear it. You just left," she explained. "After you walked out, she explained it all to me. She said that there is a %50 chance that you die but if the chemo doesn't work."

"She said that?" I asked and Lili nodded. "I'm sorry,"

"It's fine," Lili muttered. "Do you want to come over to my house?"

"What time is it?" I asked.

"3:25," she replied.

"No, I'll go home," I told her.

"Do you want me to take you home?" She asked and I shook my head. The bus arrived and I got up.

"Bye." I waved as I got on the bus. I walked to the back of the bus and took a seat staring out the window.

"Naomi," I heard someone call my name so I looked up and saw Dylan sitting next to me. "Hey."

Butterflies erupted in my stomach the second he said my name. I didn't understand why. He smiled at me making me melt. His smile was adorable.

"Hi," I greeted trying to shove those thoughts out of my head.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No, why?" I questioned.

"You're crying," he said. "Anyway, what happened?"

"I just got back from the hospital," I replied.

"Why did you go to the Hospital?" He asked looking confused. I just stared at him until he realised.

"They said that there is a %50 chance that I will die in two weeks."

"What?" He asked. "No no that can't happen. You can't die, man, I'm not letting that happen."

I gave him a sad smile.

His eyes teared up as his leg bounced. "What would Will do? What will I do?"

He whispered the last part but it sent chills down my spine. "What?"

He cleared his throat. "Nothing."