iii. song that makes you happy

happy by nevershoutnever!

you make me happy, whether you know it or not

We met in the library. We were nine. 

“Um.”

She looked up from her book. She was wondering whether she should go in the cave or go back to her sister who was waiting at the shack.

“Uh. Hi. Um. Where did you get that book?”

“Oh, there’s a whole shelf of ‘em. It’s just past the non-fiction, right next to the picture book stand.” She pointed in the general direction of the shelf.

“Oh. Okay. Um. Thanks.”

I smiled a little smile, front two teeth missing, before walking away.

we should be happy, that's what i said from the start

“Um. Sorry to bother you but I can’t seem to find them.”

She was just about to begin the fight with the troll under the bridge when she was disturbed. She looked up, once again.

“Don’t worry. I can show you where they are.”

She walked over to the shelf where the ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ books were placed and I chose, to take off the shelf, the one about the dragons.

“Hey. I’ve already read that one! It was really good.”

i am so happy

“Oh?”

“Yeah. It’s probably one of my favourites. It made me happy every time I started the story again. The first time I read through I ended up getting eaten…”

And that was that. Jamie and I just… clicked.

She made me happy with her wide eyes and continuously smiling mouth. She made me happy with her wild hand gestures and even wilder hair. And she made me happy because I knew we were going to be friends for a long, long time. 

knowin' you are the one that i want for the rest of my days

“And then after that Sam, the friend, wound up getting lost in the maze- oh yeah, what’s your name?”

I hated this part of meetings, the name giving. “Uhm, Gideon.”

“Jamie.” She didn’t mention the many humorous variations of my name, no ‘Gideot’ or ‘Giddy-up Gideon’ just a smile and a nod before continuing on her soliloquy.

for the rest of my days, yo all of my days

&

“Do you think I look okay?”

Jamie. It’s just Josh’s place not the prom.”

“But still. Do you think my shoulders look less large in this? Or should I wear a sweater over…”

I didn’t really understand. She had been eyeing that shirt since it was on display in some store on Shelbrick Rd. Why would she want to cover it with a sweater?

“Jamie. You look beautiful.”

She raised her eyebrows. (she had tried but she couldn’t raise just the one, she was getting better at it though.)

“Well. You do look pretty cool with that hair.”

“But I didn’t do anything to it.”

“Exactly.”

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 20, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

listen.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें