I'll be there in five minutes

My eyelids began to flicker open to the bright morning light shining through the window. Four months ago I would have been happy to lie there and listen to the birds sing happily.

Not now. Not until he came back.

Forcing myself up I filled a jug with cold water and flung it towards the trees. Birds flew in all directions, startled by the suddenness of the water.

I drew my curtains and submerged the room in darkness, slouching back onto the ground.

I need to do something. This wait is literally making me insane. I have to help! It doesn't matter how, I just need to help.

S'pose I could go to the station, they can't reject help. That's against the law.

With a loud grunt I push myself off the ground and slip on my old grunge trainers, heading towards the station.

~Cam~

"P-ple~ease" *pant* *gag* "s-stop. I-I can't- I j-just c-can't" I cry.

My whole body hung from the ceiling, suspended horizontally by barbed wire and rope. My skin was burnt and dry wax peppered my pale, severed flesh.

Where are you Eric?

A deep chuckle erupted from the darkness, causing my semi naked body to shudder violently and more sobs erupt from my pre-scarred eyes.

"I'm afraid to say that we've encountered some... troubles, keeping you here, Cam. The police are getting just a little too close for comfort. So how's about we make a deal? We'll let you go... on one condition..."

"W-w-which is" I stammer.

He held a gun to my head.

"You die"

The trigger was pulled and a bullet tracked through my head.

So now.... I'm dead.

~Eric~

My phone buzzed in my pocket, the neutral tone ringing out telling me to goddamn answer.

I snatched it up from my dark denim jeans and answered it.

"Hello?" I said bluntly.

"Hello Eric? This is officer Jones."

"What's wrong?" My voice still blunt and flat.

"I'm afraid we've had some... troubling... news concerning the case of your missing boyfriend. Cam."

"...I'll be there five minutes"