"Ok class settle down," my teacher said. "

Today I will be assigning partners for your first quarter project," she said. She told the people sitting on the left side of the class, to write their names on a piece of paper, and pass it to the front. Mrs. Mactear placed the papers in plastic bag, and gave it a good shake.

"Ok here is how it's going to go, people on the right hand side of the class will choose a name out of the bag, oh and absolutely no switching partners," Mrs. Mactear said, making us all groaned.

I just really hope I don't get Jace as my partner. I waited anxiously as Mrs. Mactear came down my row. After a while she finally, got to me. I stuck my hand in the bag, and ruffled it around. I was praying odds would be in my favor. I shut my eyes and, pulled a folded paper out of the bag. I unfolded the paper and took a peak.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no," I keep saying in my head. I had to think fast.

"Uh, Miss? I think someone is at the door," I say with much haste, hoping she would fall for it.

"Really," She said turning her head towards the door. I slipped my hand in the bag, but a cold hand wrapped around my wrist, stopping me.

"Dammit," hissed under my breath.

"Nice try," my teacher said looking down at me.

"But miss I'm allergic to him," I whined.

"Really how so," she laughed.

"He's aggravating, when he starts talking I become annoyed," I explained. She just laughed more. I don't know what I said.

"You will just have to make it work," she smiled, moving on to the next person.

This just made my day. I'm not even going to call this ironic, it's stupid and cliché. I hate my life right now. Out of all people why did fate choose him? He's arrogant, selfish, and a bastard.

"Ok everyone get with your partners," Mrs. Mactear instructed. I stayed in my seat, I didn't feel like getting up. After a while Jace walked over to me, I guess by now he figured we're partners.

"So we're partners..," he said.

"And it only took you how long to realize it," I said looking at the imaginary watch on my wrist. He sat down in the empty desk in front of me. We just sat there staring at each other, not bothering to make conversation. We stayed like this until Mrs. Mactear came to us.

"Ok guys, your project is on Human Behavior, you both would be each other's subject. Everything you need to know is in the rubric," she said then walked to the next group.

Jace took out his phone, and handed it to me. I cocked an eyebrow.

"Thanks, I already have one," I said sweetly.

"Put your number in my phone. Smart ass," he grumbled.

"Uh," was all I could come up with. Evidently, I was at a loss for words.

"For the project, don't flatter yourself, cupcake," he said making me glare at him. I took his phone and locked my number in.

"I saved it under Rhiyanne," I said passing him his phone.

"No shit."

"I really hate you," I admit.

"I'm glad we're on the same page," he said while typing on his phone. My phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and read my message.

Save my number - Jace ;-)

I looked up at Jace, to see he was already grinning. "I saved it under Moron," I said wiping that grin right off of his beautiful face.