Chapter 18

"I hate you," I mumbled as I made a run for the washroom. Luke was following me behind, trying to get to the bathroom in time to hold my hair.

I emptied my stomach, groaning in pain as the baby pushed against my organs. I had a slight bump and so far wanted to kill Luke.

"Sorry," Luke mumbled, trying not to laugh.

"I should end it with you, but I can't. You got me pregnant on purpose."

Luke rolled his eyes. "I warned you that I hadn't bought anymore protection. I told you that we couldn't risk it."

I smiled and kissed his cheek lightly. "I can't resist you, baby. I miss doing it with you."

Luke chuckled. "Says the woman who is mad at me for getting her pregnant."

I sighed and shook my head. "It could be worse, I guess. You could have gotten another woman pregnant instead of me."

"Never," he declared. "You're the only woman for me."

I smiled slowly. He helped me up from the floor and wrapped his arms around me. Luke was always so sweet, I still can't believe I'm carrying a piece of him inside me. It's amazing how two little cells can form a little baby.

"I could kill you for putting me through this hell of a pregnancy," I smirked.

"Well, I'm sorry that I wanted to turn our love into something more," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "You could have proposed instead," I whispered before escaping his grasp and leaving him in the washroom. I knew I left him stunned.

Truth is, I've always known that as soon as Luke met me in college that he wanted to marry me. It was a rumour that had gone soaring through school.

I still remembered the dirty looks I got from other girls and how they whispered about me, because apparently it was wrong to not want to be with Luke Bryan. I had misjudged him, I know. But I'm sure women are more jealous of me now that he's a professional musician.

I've been with Luke a short time now, and I know he's more than excited to have this baby, I am too, but I still wished he proposed before leaving the condom off.

At the same time though, I'm really glad we didn't have any that night, because I get to be mother and I get to carry around an unplanned baby that was the result of Luke's love for me. I get to carry around the love of my life's baby. Luke's baby.

I'm so blessed to have such a handsome and caring man in my life. I couldn't be any happier than I am right now.

"Caroline!" Luke huffed as he ran into the kitchen. He grabbed my arms and pulled me into a tight hug. "You want to marry me?"

"At some point, I love you. I can't just get pregnant with you and not want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Luke sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Just because you're carrying my baby doesn't mean you have to marry me. I don't want you to feel forced into this relationship."

"I don't, I just wanted to hint to you that I want to have a life with you," I smiled. "There's no one else I'd rather be with. Except maybe Blake Shelton."

"Haha, very funny," Luke rolled his eyes. "There's no one else I want with me."

"I love you, Luke. To the ends of the Earth."

"To the moon and back, I love you too," Luke kissed me gently. "But I'm not proposing yet."

I slapped his shoulder. "Of course not, you big goof. I want the time and date to be right."

Luke smiled wide. "I want my proposal to be absolutely perfect, because you're absolutely perfect. Pregnant and all," Luke rested his hand on my small baby bump. "I want to see you glowing. I want us to be relaxed and carefree. I want us to be so deeply in love. I want this to never end. I want that spark that will never go out even after we die. Because, well, because I love you. Caroline, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

I placed my hand on my heart and lot a tear slowly slip down my face. "Awe, Luke. You're mama must have been something special, your daddy too. That was so beautiful. I know I overuse this phrase to death, but I really do love you. How did I ever get so lucky to call you mine?"

"Because I'm stubborn and wouldn't stop bugging you. And you gave up," Luke chuckled.

I giggled and kissed his cheek. I Intertwined our fingers together. "No, Luke, is because you made me fall madly in love with you."

"You know I thought I loved you before, but now I know that I didn't."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow and squeezed his hand tighter.

"I didn't really love you then. Not in college. Not even when we worked together. I fell in love with you when you took the time to care for me and be someone worth waiting for. And I knew you were the one the moment when you chose me over you after Kelly died. You make me who I am today and I am incredibly thankful for that. Thank you, baby."

Once again, Luke didn't fail to make me emotional. I started crying tears of joy again and he just pulled me into his arms and shushed me.

It was soothing and relaxing to feel his hand run up and down my back. I had my arms wrapped around his neck, my head nuzzled in his chest. His other hand still rested on my baby bump, acknowledging our unborn baby.

God, I sure did love this man. With all my heart. He moved us onto the couch and we laid there cuddling. I finally looked up at Luke and smiled.

"You need to stop making me emotional, baby. It's too much for a pregnant woman to handle."

"I just love you and I thought I should tell just how much, even if it's just a little glimpse of exactly how much I truly love you," Luke smiled and kissed me softly.

"Well, I love you too and you have yet to see the extent of how much I do," I whispered before cuddling back into the love of my life.