Chapter Three

~Mark's POV~

Seeing her again... the way she looked at me with confusion... why did it hurt? Why do I hurt every single god-damn time I see her? Why can't things be like old times? Why can't I hold her close to me, and tell her stories, and let her know that everything can and will be okay? What the hell did I do to deserve this? What did she do to deserve this?

As she drove to the downtown I rested my head against the window, watching the road go by. There was halted construction on the roads, I'm guessing from the chilly, spring weather. it looked as though they were getting ready for the construction to start back up.

I could hear Silver - I think that was her name - from behind me, droning on and on with questions as (First Name) answered them. The ones I could make out were "where did you two meet?" and, "Do you remember him?"

Just thinking about the fact that she wasn't mine anymore made me on the verge of tears.

As we reached the downtown, we passed a Save-a-Lot, a cafe, and a library. A group of children were coming out of the doors to the Intermediate school. (First Name) pulled into a parking lot in front of the small diner. The sign was burgundy with white letters spelling out, "Alexandria's."

One of the students ran in front of the car on the sidewalk, only to enter the diner. I perked my head up from the window, and put my hand on the lever that would open the door.

"What are you waiting for?" Silver asked, "Open it?"

~Second person~

You exited the car before pulling the tiny lever that would make the car's seat bend forward so Silver could get out. Once she was out, you shut the door, slightly burning your hand on the hot, black car.

There was a group of kids, three guys, one girl. You smiled and shyly waved you didn't know why they were staring. The girl, much to the tallest one's confusion, waved back at you before starting to walk. You smiled. You had always enjoyed trying to see ahead of time the relationships between people. At the university, five of the relationships you had predicted happened. There was definitely something between the girl and the tallest boy.

"You coming?" Silver asked, leaving the door open. Mark was only a few feet in front of you, waiting.

You stared down, your mind running. Silver knew this was common; the little times you'd freeze up and just stare down into space, thinking. Mark didn't know, though.

His warm hand grabbed yours. The soft skin of his hand on yours was like marshmallows with chocolate. It felt good, and it made you feel like you were at home. It was almost like your hands were meant for each other.

You could feel the familiar feeling of drowsiness take over you as black spots clouded your vision.

Your head was on Mark's lap as you laid there on the couch, Forrest Gump playing on the TV. It was never in Mark's nature to watch movies. Especially not with you. You loved him none-the-less.

However, with this new thing, there was a compromise. Mark was on his phone, scrolling through YouTube things.

"Hey, pause it," he suddenly said. Confused, you sat up and paused the movie. You turned to face him, your eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Okay, you know how you always ask me to sing?"

You nodded, remembering the only time you had ever heard him sing. It was the Disney song challenge he had done with your brother. "Yeah?" you asked.

"I really am only doing this for you, you know. Because you're leaving soon."

"Get on with it," you urged.