Chapter One

You and Silver reached the small Ohio town around nine in the evening. The sun was low in the sky, but you could still see.

"Wow," Silver looked out the window,  as you pulled up the stop, examining the sign with the gazebo in the square on it, along with the town name. You took a right, going towards the Aldi, Bob Evan's, and a couple other places inside the town.

"Isn't this exciting?" Silver asks, as you parked the dark blue Cavalier.

You nodded. "Yeah," you exited the car, the colorful Holiday Inn sign bright, making you squint.

"What do you think the odds are that we'll see Markiplier here?" Silver said, grabbing her duffel bag full of clothes from the trunk.

"Well, as proven by the time we arrived here, five or perhaps six hours away. I assume fifteen percent." You answer, grabbing your own bag of clothes. You and Silver checked in, and separated from each other into your rooms.

Your room was large; holding a brownish-green love seat with a dark brown coffee table in it.

You plop down on your bed, ready to sleep. The car ride there was rather tiring. Plus only you were driving, as Silver was too energetic and curios to get you two to the town when you wanted to.

You got out your phone, looking in your YouTube subscription box. There wasn't anything new. Really, there was only a video from the channels you were subscribed to. However, there was something interesting about Markiplier's channel.

The headline read, "Landing Changed."

~Mark~

Mark looked around at the airport. His plane was supposed to land in Cincinatti, but something happened, and it had to be changed. Instead, there Mark was, standing in the middle of Wadsworth Air Port. The attendants had offered a plane to Cincinatti, but Mark refused, saying that he'd find his way.

Well, he kind of lied.

Instead, he was texting his mother and brother, saying he was going to be home at a later date. He didn't have a clue as to where he was in the city, and was too awkward to ask anyone in this situation. He exited the airport, maneuvering his way towards the sidewalk. The evening sun was setting, and he noticed that the sky looked better here than it did in California.

Mark looked at the surrounding buildings as he walked down the sidewalk. He came across a printing company. Well, maybe he'd get directions here.

~You~

You laid on your bed, lightly bored. It was around twelve in the morning, and you couldn't sleep. You've always had a bit of trouble falling asleep in a new bed that you weren't used to, but this time you were just about ready to collapse, but there you were, laying on your bed, trying to sleep, but failing miserably.

You stepped outside on the terrace, overlooking the town's high ways. A couple of cars here and there passed, but it was pretty much dead. The few cars that did pass were campers, and supply truck. That was until what you hoped was a new person staying at the Inn pulled into the driveway. You looked over the other side of the terrace, overseeing the parking lot. A man came out, grabbing some luggage from the trunk. In the dim, artificial light, you could see red hair. You... you could have sworn that you knew him.

"Hello?" You cautiously called out. He looked up at you. He mouthed something, and in the dim light, you saw that his eyes widened in surprise.

"Uh, hello," he responded, dropping the backpack to the parking lot floor.

You giggled. "Would you like some help?" You asked, noticing that he had quite a few suitcases and bags. You didn't want the man to struggle.

Wait, what were you thinking? This man could be a criminal! However, you felt something deep inside of you. Like... like you had to help him. Like you knew him. You thought about the gaps in your memory. According to your brother, you forgot about almost all of your friends. He had tried jogging your memories, but failed. The docs said that your memory would return over time, but nothing new had come to you.

"Sure," he says. You jump the railing, as it wasn't too far off the ground. Landing on your feet, you walked over to the male.

"So, red hair, what's your name?" You ask, taking the bags from the trunk of the rental car.

"Mark," He answered, letting go of one of the dark suitcases' handles. He held it out for you to shake, and you suddenly got a memory flash.

"Hey, blue hair," you say. "Do you have a name?"

"Mark." He says. He stuck the hand out that wasn't holding the mask for you to shake. You shook his hand.

"(First Name)!" You heard yelling and felt someone shaking you. You felt rough asphalt against your back. "(First Name), come on, wake up. Please." Your eyes opened to see... Mark? His face was red in the light coming from the streetlights. His face was shiny from tears.

"M-Mark?" You asked, your mouth forming around the familiar syllable. You knew where the scenery was. It was in Matthias' backyard.

"(First Na-)" he was cut off by you wrapping your arms around him. You knew he was a friend of yours.

"Mark," you breath out. "I remember a little bit."

"You... you do?" Mark skeptically asked.

You smile, not letting him go. "It was a sunny day, only partly cloudy. You, my brothers, Matt, and Ryan were doing challenges together that day. You had started with the Arrow Dodge challenge."

"Oh my, god," Mark returns the hug, a hearty laugh ringing in your ears. "You remember!"

"Yeah," you say. "I do."

You and Mark checked Mark into the hotel, but instead of you going back to the conjoined room that you and Silver had, you went inside Mark's room with him.

"What are you doing in Wadsworth?" Mark asks you.

"My university friend Silver and I are going to the diner downtown," you answer him, sprawling next to him on the bed.

"That's the sole purpose you're here?" Mark asks.

"Yeah," you answer. "Why are you here? I thought that your family was in Cincinatti."

"Something is blocking the airport, so the plane stopped here. This place was the only one with an opening at the airport." Mark answered. You nodded. The two of you continued talking, catching up.

"Okay, what the hell is wrong?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"What do you mean?" Mark asks, furrowing his eyebrows at you.

"Your eyes," you answer. "They... they don't look happy anymore. There's no light in them. They look saddened. Every time you look at me, your eyes lose their light. Why?"

Mark sighed. "I can't tell you that," he says. You looked at the time.

"Tomorrow is going to suck," you said. "It's three in the morning."

Mark laughed that familiar laugh that you knew well. "Yeah, it will." He said. You bid him farewell, and go back into your room.

The last thing that you thought about before closing your eyes and allowing sleep to pull you in was the fact that your memory could come back from this one male.

~~~

BEFORE YOU ALL YELL AT ME, ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN.

So, I was on vacation for the first couple weeks of July, and was writing on an - I hate to say it - a really crappy tablet that took forever to load. Then, when I got back, I wanted to just relax and write with what inspiration I had.

There's also the plus fact that, I'm not a high school graduate. I still go to school and I have to start going back soon. I'm just worried because I've got a new responsibility for it, and I CAN BARELY MAKE A DECENT LEGO HOUSE WITHOUT A MANUEL. How the heck am I going to help the new students who need help?

Enough excuses, but please note that I don't have a schedule. I'll update when I do.

Have a wonderful time on this planet, kittens!

~Kat