chapter 7; A haircut

Start from the beginning

  "Is there something on my face?" I finally asked finishing up my ice cream.

  "No..." He trailed off still staring at me.

  "Then what's so intresting about my face?"

  "I don't really know. Maybe I just hate your hair color." He smiled.

  "You want me to dye it black or something?" I joked giving him my empty plastic cup that was once full of ice cream. He walked around the table and threw it away in the trash can.

  "Yes, you should do that." He answered once he was standing in front of me again.

  "i was just kidding!"

  "And a haircut too." He added.

  I decided to go along with it. "What type of haircut?"

  "Something like mine."

  "So I would have to dye it and get a haircut?"

  "Yeah!"

  "I'm going to think about it."

  "No! Let's go now."

  "I was kidding!" I half screamed as he started pulling me away from the table.

  "I wasn't."

  He dragged me back to the apartment, I was already getting scared about this haircut. I recognized the path back home so I decided to calm down. Left turn at the stop sign ahead, I told myself. But to my suprise Ollie pulled me right. Should I worry again?

  "Ollie?" I asked a bit afraid.

  "Yeah?"

  "Where are you taking me?"

  "Somewhere to get your hair done." He casually answered me.

  "I don't have money!" I lied hoping he didn't know about the $50 Sheldon gave me at the begining of each month.

  "You're lying. I know Sheldon gave you $50 today, if you don't want to use that money then I'll pay for it."

  "No!"

  He suddently stopped walking and I ran into him. "C'mon, you would look good in a new haircut!" He told me.

  "I don't want a haircut!" I whined. That wasn't entirely true, my hair was just straight- no layers or anything like that. I think I might be getting tired of my own hair.

  "Fine. You win." i finally said.

  "Ok! I'll pay."

  "No, I can pay for this."

  We started walking again under the hot sun. He knew where this place was at so I followed right behind him. After 15 minutes of walking we finally reached a store. It was huge! It took me a few seconds to realize that this wasn't a store, it was a mall.

  "So this place is inside a mall?" I wondered out loud.

  "Yeah. It's where I got my haircut a long time ago."

  "Umm... Ok."

  He took me straight towards some haircut store wich read 'Perfect Hair' on the glass door. Ollie pushed the door and let me in first.

  This place wasn't that bad. It had some weird smell, it was probably shampoo with some hair dye smell to it. A huge mirrow was covering the top half of the wall infront of me and the walls were all some type of baby blue color.

  I turned to my right and noticed that Ollie wasn't there next to me but next to the table that was on the right side corner with a cash register on top of the table. He was talking to the girl behind the table. I walked over to him and stood directly behind him.

  "Ok, you're getting a haircut and your hair will magically turn black!" Ollie told me.

  "Ollie!" I cried.

  "With blue highlights..." He whispered the last part so I could braly make out what he had said.

  "What?!" I nearly screamed.

  "Yeah... It'll add something to your hair." He told me, isighed. It would be useless to do anything about it.

  A woman walked up to me, she had blond hair that reached just below her shoulders with green highlights and looked like she was on her 30's.

  "Ava?" She asked.

  "Yeah."

  "Ok, follow me. We'll go get your hair done. Your boyfriend will have to stay here." She said sounding really bored about all this. Her green eyes looked tired, she was a little fat, and just a head taller than me.

  I didn't realized that she had called Ollie my 'boyfriend' until I was sitting on the comftrable black chairs in front of the mirrors. It was too late to say anything about it but my cheecks gave out a dark pink color.

  She was about to ask me what type of haircut I wanted when Ollie walked right behind her and talked to her about my hair. She nooded and and got to work by grabbing the scissors.