•60• (FINALE)

I reached the gym. This is the moment I've been waiting for, the moment that I can shine and show that my injury wouldn't effect me. I pushed the gym doors open and walked in. I saw many gyms there, some were already warming up, and then I see some judges seated.
---
We start off on floor, I can't wait for this event! I saluted to the judges, and posed. "C'mon Steph!" I heard my teammates encouraging yelled. I smiled as I did a few of my dances, and then got ready for my first pass. Roundoff, bh, 1 and 1/2, front pike. Boom. Nailed. It. 😂

I smiled to myself. I didn't care that I didn't stick it or whatever, I was just happy to be here, tumbling like I use to.
---
Next: Bars. Warm ups were okay, I couldn't get my pak tho. But I had to agree to do an overshoot instead of a pak. I sighed as I got up on the mat and saluted.

Hey, guess what? I changed my mind. I really wanted to perform my pak salto. Has I was ready to go do that skill, I see Coach Mary in place for an overshoot. But I didn't care. I did my pak salto, perfectly. I didn't want to look at Coach Mary's face, disappointment or excitement, but I did it! I landed my double back dismount, with a step backwards, and then finished. I looked at Coach Mary, who whispered, "Great job on that pak, but don't ever do that again," she chuckled. Whew. So glad she isn't mad. I laughed too and gave her a little side hug.
---
Next up: Vault. My yurchenko pike is getting along nicely! I've been landing it really well in practices and even warm ups. I was jumping (literally! Ask anyone) while waiting my turn. Soon, it was the time to let out my excitement and run, and land that pike of mine.

1st Vault: I landed it, took steps backwards though. Okay, maybe too much excitement and too much momentum.
2nd Vault: BOOM! Stuck the landing! In your face, I can stick the landing.
---
Last Event: Beam...

Deep breath. You're gonna be fine. In warm ups, I didn't land my series at all, which sucks. My dismount even looks weird. Annie must of saw that i was having a hard time, so she came over and gave me a small speech.

"Steph, you're gonna be fine up there. Stare that beam down and say to it, 'you're not gonna beat me, I'm gonna beat you by landing that series, that back tuck, those split jumps, and sticking that dismount.' Listen, you've came a long way here. This is technically your first level 9 meet. You're gonna let some beam keep you back? No. You're gonna get a 9 on that beam, and you're gonna crush this meet. You got it?" She said. I nodded and hugged her. Best pep talk ever! I stared that beam down and said what Annie told me to say in my head.

It was my turn. I'm not afraid of no beam. I saluted, did my mount, did some dances, and finally, got ready for my pass. You're gonna let some beam keep you back? Um, no. I did my back handspring, back layout step out. I kept my eyes on that beam, and saw my feet land solidly on the beam. I hear a roar of cheer from my teammates, as I laugh to myself. I did it. I've landed my series in my first official meet.
---
"And now we have our first all around champion, from First Class Gymnastics, Stephanie Summerlin!" The announcer said. I widened my eyes to hear my name. I got 1st AA? I wasn't even paying attention to my scores! I ran up to the podium, with the #1 on it, and received my first AA medal. I saluted for pictures, and then my whole team tackled me right after.
---
Everyone was going to my house to celebrate my success and our 1st place Team. I ran up to my room to change. After I changed into some fresh clothes, I started to go out the door. But I stopped in front of my mirror. I looked at myself and thought about everything that has happened. How much I experienced with the coral girls. Made friends, lost friends, been through a tragic loss, relationships, tough times, broken bones, and just to understand the true meaning of how to celebrate life. Because, I'm one of them now, and nothing is going to change that. "Hey, are you coming?" Annie asked, opening the door. "Yeah, I am," I smiled at her. Because I'm lucky to have friends like them, who care about you. I'm One of the Coral Girls. I'm One of You Now.