•31•

We slowly walked into the hospital and into room 207, the room where dad is in. I carried Sammy in and she buried her head in my chest. We went into the room and sat down on some chairs. I got a text message from Liv that I really want to ignore but I didn't.

Liv- hey, you didn't FaceTime me yesterday. Is everything ok?
Me- yeah sorry. Just busy. I'll call you maybe later today. I've just been REALLY busy.
Liv- oh. But u went to a movie with Annie Arden and Mia. R u lying?!
Me- look liv, I don't wanna talk about it. There's a lot of personal stuff going on
Liv- u saw my post about the new and improved Annie, didn't u
Me- yes but Annie said u lied about Caleb's death
Liv- I know and I'm sorry! I just feel so left out so I did it for fame.
Me- Liv u didn't have to do that! We can always collab but Annie is REALLY mad at u and she won't focus at gymnastics. Plz fix this
Liv- I will. Bye!
Me- okay, ttyl.
---
I went to the cafeteria and got some food with Sammy. I'm so scared for my dad... chills were running up and down my back. We sat a round table and we didn't speak. We were too scared and too worried for dad.

Sure, I don't see him much, but he helped me with everything. The love of gymnastics, filming, and bravery. I love my dad and I really don't want him to die.

We went back to the room and I saw that the monitor of his heart beat was going slower. Mom was asleep next to him and Sammy just stared into blank space. I checked my phone and I had missed phone calls from Katie. "I'll be right back Sammy. Watch your mom and dad," I told her. She nodded.

I walked into the main hallway and called back Katie. "Hey Steph!" Katie cheered. "Hi," I choked out. "Are you okay?" "Not really... I mean I'm fine but personal family problems." "Oh, do you wanna talk about it?" "Uh... no. I gotta go Katie." I felt tears coming. "Okay I understand. Are you coming to gym tomorrow?" "Maybe, I don't know. Talk to you later." "Okay, bye!" And she hung up. I went back in the room to see Dad's heart rate going up. Phew. I sat next to Sammy. "Can we go home?" Sammy asked me. "Yeah. I have a key. I'll just leave a note for Mom. Come on," I told her taking her hand. I grabbed a paper towel and wrote down that we're going home. Then we left the hospital.

Sammy ran up to her room and followed her. She instantly laid down and put her head in her pillow. "I don't want Daddy to die!" she cried out. "He won't... hopefully," I sighed. I looked around her room and saw a picture of me, Sammy, and Dad at Ocean City. We made a little sandcastle and Sammy was proud of it. Sammy was 5 and I was 10. I heard Sammy get out of bed and walk towards me. She leaned her head on me and said, "I miss daddy." I looked down at her. "Me too."

I tucked her in and went into my room. I changed into my pajamas and sat up in my bed. I FaceTimed Liv.

"Hey Steph! Why are you crying?" she asked me. "Personal problems," I replied, sighing. "Oh okay. Look, I didn't mean anything about Annie and Caleb's death! I swear," she told me, holding up her coral ring. "I hope you don't. Annie isn't doing good at all at gymnastics. Did you fix it yet?" "No... I tried calling and texting Annie but she ignored my texts and declined my calls!" Liv exclaimed, slamming her hand on her bed. "She's just shaken up by the lies you spread. She'll eventually turn around," I said, giving her a smile. "Okay, thanks Steph. So about Annie Gruner... I only said that because she is a level 10! I didn't mean it. And Caleb's death... I miss him too much so that's why I did it. I don't know why!" she told me, covering her face with her hands. When she removed them, I saw little tears. "Don't cry, Liv. I had enough crying today." Liv nodded. "Well, got to go to sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow, ok?" "Okay. Bye Liv." "Bye."
---
Morning

I decided to go to gym today. Sammy didn't want to so I walked her back to the hospital then I walked to gym.

Before going in the gym, Nick stopped me. "What do you want, Nick?" I asked him. "Why are you crying?" he asked, putting his hands on my shoulders. I didn't move, no matter how awkward it was. "Personal reasons." "Steph, you can tell me. I'll always here." I looked up at his blurry face because of tears. I told him everything to Liv to my dad and how Liv wants to fix everything. Nick gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry," he whispered and let me go to gym. But his eyes grew wide and ran away. What was that about? I shrugged and decided to ask him after gym.