•20•

"Oh shoot," Annie whispered. I sighed. "You got this. Just, ignore him," I told her. "No way! Maybe Katie came. Can you go check for me?" Annie asked, in a like beg. I sighed again. "Fine," I muttered and walked away from the bathrooms.

I just stood there. This can't be happening.

Luke was there. He also has a huge crush on Annie. This is big.

"Annie! Luke is also here," I told her quietly. Her eyes went wide. She knew Brennan and Luke liked her. "But there's a good part. Sydney is here so maybe you can talk to her," I told Annie, because she started to tense up. Then she relaxed. "Okay, that's good. Let me text her." Annie whipped out her phone and started typing. After about two minutes, Sydney came.

"Hey Annie! Hi, Steph!" She excitedly exclaimed. "Look, Syd. Brennan and your brother are here. And they both like me. But I'm here with someone else," Annie said to Sydney, pausing at "someone else". I saw that Sydeny was listening closely. "You know what happened last time." What happened last time, I wanted to ask. But this wasn't the time. Anyway, Sydney nodded. "But, I need Brennan and Luke to not see me with Nick, the guy that I'm with. I think Brennan is here with Ryan and his dad, so that would be a problem. But since Luke is with you, the whole family, he'll be fine. You and Steph will help me when things go wrong, alright?" Annie said, turning to us with a stern voice. She really didn't want this to go badly.

We got back to our own tables and the food came. My family and I were eating happily when I heard a loud shriek. It was Brennan, of course. We told Ryan the plan, but Brennan had to turn his head to see Annie eating across from Nick. "Nick Harrison Weston! What are you doing across from Annie?!" Brennan cried out. Every family was watching him, but I told my family to keep eating and ignore. "It's okay, I'll be fine," I told them. "Be careful, sweetheart," my dad said. I nodded and got up to stand next to Annie. "Is it not right for two friends to hang out?" I asked, in a confident voice, even though inside I'm a nervous wreck. Suddenly, Sydney came out too. "Yeah? What's so wrong with that, Brennan?"
Sydney asked. "Everything! Nick is a nobody!" I said loudly. "Brennan, sit down, now! This is no times for games," Brennan's dad scolded. Brennan showed his clenched teeth to Nick and then went on eating. Nick just looked at him blankly, like he was just hit by a truck. Annie's head was down but then slowly went up. "You know Brennan?" she asked. "I'll tell you later," was all he said and he asked for the check.

He paused for it, even though it was like $40. He stood up and whispered something in Annie's ear that I could barely hear but I heard it. "I love you."

Annie smiled and blushed. But that's when Brennan fired up. "Get away from Annie, you hear me?" Brennan yelled. Nick put his hands in his pockets and let out a little sound. "No."

Then this happened.

Brennan dragged him outside, ignoring frantic screams from the people in the restaurant, his scolding dad, and a crying Annie. Sydeny, Annie, and I went outside behind some bushes to watch the fight. Nick was held to ground, being beat up. Annie was crying on Sydney's shoulder, while I was filming it all. I couldn't wait to go to the sleepover to show this to everyone.

Nick looked pretty beat up. He couldn't even stand up. When he tried to, Brennan would just pin him back on the ground. That's when Annie had enough. "Stop! That's it," Annie screamed, with clenched fists and teeth. She tried to push Brennan away but Brennan got to her first. "Stop Annie. You don't know what you're doing with this kid. He's... not your type," he finally said the last part. "I'm sorry but, I have to do this." and with that, Brennan pushed Annie on the floor. Hard. Annie didn't want to get up. Sydney and I ran over there to help her up and get away. My family came rushing out, so did Sydney and Brennan's. "Brennan, son?!" Mr. Mike bellowed. Brennan started crying. Luke had a tiny smirk on his face. "You just couldn't help yourself to fall for Annie, huh? Sure, I love her. But I wouldn't fight her "boyfriend"," Luke said, boyfriend in quotes. Brennan had fire in his eyes but he had no more fight in him. All of the sudden, police cars and ambulances came to the restaurant. The ambulance took Nick. They wanted to take Annie, but Annie said that she was fine, that he just pushed her. The police were asking Sydney, Annie, and I questions, since we were the only witnesses. Then I showed him the video and said thank you. He went over to Brennan and his family to talk and ask more questions. My family took us home, and we decided to still go to the sleepover. Sydney was coming, and so was my sister. Hayley was already there with Melissa, Lisa, Tessa, and Harper (level 4 team). Lisa's older sister would be there too, she's level 6, and she's Leona.

At the sleepover, no one knew what happened with Annie, so Sydney and I stayed quiet about it. Annie tried to look happy, but she couldn't. All the level 8,9, and 10s were asking what was wrong. Every answer was, "nothing."

My phone buzzed, a call from the Police Department. I excused myself and went into the bathroom where no one would hear me.

"Hi, this is Officer Dan, the one at the fight scene. Can I trouble you to sending me the video because we need to investigate," Officer Dan spoke. "I'm not sure, sir. I'll check with my friend and see if that's alright," I replied. "Sounds swell. Just call back," he said and hung up. I went back to the living room where some were playing Twister. "Hey, Annie," I whispered. She turned around and came to me. I told her about Officer Dan and the video. She took a long time to answer. "That's no problem. My parents know about it, your parents were there, too. It's just going to be a shock to them," she told me, pointing to all the coral girls. "Are you sure?" "I'm positive," Annie said, smiling. I'm glad to see her smiling.

I went back into the bathroom and sent Officer Dan the video. "Thank you so much, Stephanie. You were a great help," he said. I smiled at myself. "My pleasure," I said back and he hung up. Geez, he sure hangs up quick!

When I got back, Katie quickly annouced, "Let's play Truth or Dare!" A lot of people groaned, and some cheered. I definitely cheered. This is my favorite game besides Twister! I'm sad that I missed out but now I can be joined for Truth or Dare.

"TJ! Truth or Dare," Katie asked her, smirking. "Dare!" she said, confidently. "I dare you to stick your head in that trash can!" Katie pointing to a big garage can. Some people scrunched up their noses. TJ got up and did it. She even got a crumbled up paper with her mouth. Nasty, I like that.

It went on and on when it was my turn. "Steph, Truth or Dare?" a different Sydney asked me. "Dare!" I smiled. She did a little evil laugh. "I dare you to do twenty back tucks on the trampoline and then jump into the pool!" she said. Oh gosh. It was seven at night, which does means a new Bratayley video, but that also means cold water. You see, in Maryland, when it's nighttime, only pool water to me feels really cold. I shivered. But I nodded bravely. I wasn't in any nice clothes, I changed into a regular tee shirt and leggings (not my pajamas). I grabbed my GoPro since I was going to be recording it. I asked Sydney (the one that gave me the dare) to record it for me, in third person. I got on the trampoline, did twenty back tucks and then jumped into the pool. Everyone was laughing. I was laughing too and Peanut got me a towel. Once I was dried, I rewatched both perspectives and laughed really hard with the rest of the girls. This is one fun night.

Since there were too many girls, about ten were left out of Truth or Dare. Annie was happy since she didn't have to do anything.

Some girls were changed and some weren't. I wasn't so I changed fast. We were use to changing in front of each other, because of gym. So it was okay.

After changing we all went into the big family room to watch TV. That's when the big news broke out.

"A fight a blah blah blah Restaurant is under investigation, which includes Brennan, Nick Weston, and Julianna. Brennan and Julianna's last names are unidentified," the News broadcaster said. I felt all eyes land on me and Annie. I felt tears go into Annie's eyes and fall on my shoulder. "Annie, why didn't you tell us?" Amanda asked, in a soft voice. "Annie, you know we're here for you," Katie said. Everyone was comforting her when the news guy said, "Video provided by one of Julianna's friends, Stephanie. Her last name is also unidentified too." Then I felt all eyes go on me.