Chapter 30: Sorry

SERRINA

~ 25 Weeks Pregnant ~

A boy.

A fucking boy.

I was still struggling to wrap my head around the idea that Octavia wasn't Octavia. She was a boy. A boy that still had no name. The kids had accepted it, although it broke Braxton's heart that the name he had thought about so much was no longer useful.

"Mom?" I looked up from the book I was pretending to read and sat up a little more in my bed. Braxton was peeking in my room and I could hear the girls whispering behind him, "Can we all to you?" I nodded and the three kids ran in, jumping onto my bed and leaping into conversation.

"So we were thinking," Krystal began, "Since we can't call him Octavia he needs a new name." I smiled and nodded, "So, we all came up with names and wrote them down. Do you want to see them?"

I nodded and laughed, "Of course." Amelia handed me a small plastic bowl with a few slips of paper in them. I counted 5, "Do I just pick one?"

"Yes, Mommy!" Amelia grabbed my arm and shook it.

I waved my fingers around the bowl before grabbing one ad pulling it out. I could see the kids all tense up at the excitement.

It was only folded once, so it was easy to open. I knew by the writing that it was Amelia.

"Elmo," I read and looked at them, focusing mostly on my youngest, "Very good recommendation." Amelia giggled and I placed it beside the bowl. I reached into the bowl and grabbed a second one, this one was in Krystals writing, "Bradley." She smiled and gave a small shrug. Next, Amelia's writing again, "Prince Charming, another fantastic choice my little girl."

Next, Braxton's cursive writing filled the page.

"Jasper." The name left my lips and my stomach did a little flip. I placed my hand over it and the kids all did the same once the noticed my hand, "He likes that one."

"Me too," Krystal piped in, "Since when are you so good at naming babies?"

Braxton shrugged and smiled when he felt the baby flutter under his palm, "It's a talent, I guess."

"Well," I laughed, "I think if we all agree, we might have a winner."

Krystal shrugged, "The last one was mine. Logan." She shrugged, "Jasper is way better."

"So," I looked at each of them, "Jasper?"

"He says yes," Braxton said with a grin, "So I think its only fair that we agree." Krystal nodded and Amelia was too busy rubbing my belly to care.

"Okay, Jasper it is."

Amelia laid down in my lap and pressed her ear on my belly, "Jasper, I love you."

I smiled and bent over to kiss her forehead, "Bedtime." They all whined in unison but cooperated as I followed them out of my room and not their beds.

******

When I rolled over in bed, the clock read 3:47 AM and I had no idea why I had been woken up. I looked around the room but didn't see anything. I sat up and heard a car door slam outside. I paused for a second before I heard the alarm chime. Immediately I knew who it was.

I climbed out of my bed and crept out of my room. The house was pitch black so it took me longer than it would've normally to make it to the front door. On the opposite side, I could hear a faint sniffling and keys. He was trying to find the one that would let him inside.

I reached out and turned the lock, listening for a second at the silence outside before heaving the door open and looking into the dark.

He was standing there, barely visible, but the tears falling down his face reflected the light from the moon. His clothes were clean and straight, but his face was a mess and he looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

It took all of my might not to rip him inside and hold him to my chest while he told me his problems and go back to how we used to be, "You okay?" I whispered and crossed my arms over my body.

Justin shook his head and the tears began to fall again, "Im so sorry," He wouldn't look at me and instead just stared at the ground at his feet, "Im sorry. Im sorry." He sniffled and a hiccup wracked his body, his shoulders collapsing in on his body and his head dropping to his chest, "Im sorry."

"Stop," I whispered and pulled him inside. I closed the door behind him, and, against all my efforts, pulled him to my chest and wrapped my arms around his body. It was less than a second before his arms were around me and my body was filled with a familiarity that made my heart feel full for the first time in months. I felt his hot tears falling on my neck and his fists were gripping onto my shirt like I was his only lifeline.

"I am so sorry," He whispered again and buried his mouth in my hair, "I fucked up."

I rubbed his back with one hand and brought the other to his head, gently playing with his hair. It was the one fool proof way I was always able to calm him down, "Shh," I whispered in his ear in an attempt to calm him more, "Let's go talk in the room, okay?" I felt him nod and took his hand, leading him to the room we used to share. I closed the door gently behind us and then brought him over to the bed. He sat down on the half that had been his since the day we met. I was about to sit beside him, but instead he gripped the fabric over each of my hips and pulled me to his face. His head rested on the top of my belly and he began to cry again.

I felt his hot breath through the shirt I was wearing and one of his hands was rubbing small circles into the bare skin that was poking out from above my waistband. He was still crying, so I continued playing with his hair.

"I almost slept with her."

He whispered the words I had been loathing and then looked up at me, his beautiful eyes gazing at me, exposing the shattered soul that he had been working so hard to hide behind them, "The girl I'm working with. She made a move and I almost did it."

It broke my heart to hear those words leave his lips but he was telling me. He was being honest about something, finally. And he didn't sleep with her.

He noticed my feelings and sat up, "Do you want me to leave? I understand if-"

"No," I replied. His voice was so hoarse from sobbing that it sounded as if he had been gargling thumb tacks, "No," I repeated, "I don't want you to leave me ever again." Then I dropped to my knees and buried my face in his chest.

As soon as the words had left my mouth, I knew I was telling the complete truth.

If he ever left me again I would probably die.