“Let’s go home, we have to get ready for school” I told him.

“Alright” he said, slowing down. When he wasn’t paying attention, my wolf lunged at him, tackling him on his side. He growled and jumped up, circling me slowly.

My wolf grinned. “What you going to do little brother?” We started circling each other, waiting for the right moment to lunge.

I stared into his grey-white eyes. His wolf growled and lunged at me, and I let him tackle me to the ground. I bit his left paw and he yelped as I kicked him toward a tree. I try not to play too rough with him, since I don’t want to hurt him.

He starts to circle me again and I run and lunge at his side, and land on his back. I growled and bit into his neck as he yelped and submitted to my wolf. I let go and lick his ear, showing him we were just playing around. We both got up and walked towards home, shifting back as we head where we left our clothes.

I pulled on my robe and walked out of the woods, grinning as I looked over at my brother. He grinned and we took off running towards the house.

It’s time to shower and get ready for the day.

**

Mom was awake when we got inside the house. I sniffed the air and smiled. “Mmm pancakes” I mumbled as I walked into the kitchen. “Morning” I said as I kissed her cheek.

“Good morning kids, how was your run?” she asked, flipping a pancake.

“Relaxing” I said.

“Fun” Jayke replied and sat down at the kitchen table.

“Who won this time?” She asked smiling.

“I did!” I shouted.

Jayke snorted. “No, you’re ass cheated”

“I do not cheat, I’m just better than you” I told him, smirking.

“Pah-lease! I’m the best in the world.” He stated, pointing his thumb to his chest. “I can take you anytime and anywhere”

I grinned at Jayke as I sat down next to him. “Uh huh”

“How about we see who finished their pancakes first?” Jayke put out his hand.

“Fine, loser has to wash dishes for a week” I said, shaking his hand.

“Kira” mom said, frowning. “Don’t encourage him, you’re going to make him choke on his food”

“No he won’t, dogs have the habit of swallowing their food whole” I chuckled, as Jayke narrowed his eyes at the insult. “Oh come on little brother, lighten up” I said with a smile.

“Bite me” he grumbled.

“I did earlier, like a hundred times” I started shoving my food in my mouth as soon as my mom put it on my plate. I loved pancakes and bacon in the morning. I never cared much for eggs but my mom makes me eat them; says it’s for protein or whatever.

My brother and I were scarfing down our food, forgetting our little since the food was just too good. I always washed the dishes anyway, so it’s not like it would have benefitted me.

After we finished eating we both went to get ready for school. I jumped in the shower, the hot water run down my body, warming my already heated skin. When I finished, I wrapped myself in a towel and headed for my closet. I couldn’t decide what to wear, I don’t really care what people say about me, but I still don’t like looking like those desperate girls who beg for attention. The last thing I want is attention, but seeing as I’m me, I get it anyway.

I put on black lace bra and panties, and walked back into the room to do my make-up. I put on a smoky grey eyeshadow, dark grey eyeliner and black mascara then went back to the closet for clothes. I pulled on a smoky grey off the shoulder top with a black tank top underneath, a black jean skirt and matching grey boots. I slipped on some earrings and lip gloss, sprayed my perfume, grabbed my black purse and headed down the stairs to wait for my brother.

“Jayke!” I swear my brother takes longer than me to get ready. “Hurry up, I don’t want to be late!” I yelled up the stairs.

I grinned when I saw him jogging down the steps. “You look pretty spiffy. Looking forward to be drowned in drool?” Jayke was wearing black denim jeans and a red polo shirt that looked tight on him because of his muscles. Girls always go gaga over him.

“Let’s go then” he said, walking towards the door. “Bye mom! See you after school”

We walked over to my jag and jumped in. She started with a rumbling purr and I sighed. “Next year Jayke, you’ll get your own. Just don’t copy me”

“Pffft Like I want this piece of…”

“Hey!” I said and smacked him in the head before he could finish insulting my car. Jayke grinned and switched radio stations as we drove towards town. The school was at least half an hour from home; less than that since we’re driving my car.

Here we come, Kennard-Dale High school!

**

We’re twenty minutes early to school, which is okay since we usually like to familiarize ourselves with the school; I hate getting lost on my first day. There were a bunch of kids hanging around in front of the school, not a very large school; it consisted of one story brick buildings, all connected to one another in some way. People were loitering near the front, sitting on their cars and hanging with their friends.

When I drove into the parking lot and parked, people started to stare; curious as to whom we were. I love being a new kid, so does my brother, but partly because he loves the attention. I love it because no one knows who I am.

I sat there for a couple minutes, just staring out the windshield. I turned to my brother and smiled. “You ready for your first day?” He grinned and nodded, then opened his door to step out. People were already whispering and checking him out, someone even called dibs. I chuckled. Typical high school…

I rolled my eyes at the guys staring and opened my door to get out after I grabbed my backpack. I kept my eyes down on what I was doing, closed my door and my brother and I started walking towards the school. I still didn’t look at anyone as we walked inside the front doors. We continued walking until we got to the front office.

There was a little red-headed secretary sitting at the front desk, just staring off into space. Once she saw us she smiled, but once she saw my brother, her smile grew. I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Hi, you guys must be new” she said, typing something in her computer. “Names?”

“Kira and Jayke McKay” I said, still smiling. I stood there waiting till she finally printed out or schedules so we could leave. She gave us a map, our locker numbers, and we walked away.

“Which locker do you have? I have 210” Jayke asked, looking at his schedule.

“Ha, I have the one right next to yours. I have 211” I said and grinned. We walked towards the lockers so we’d know where they were but didn’t need to use them since it was our first day and we had no books. “What classes do you have? I have mostly AP classes, you probably do to.”

“Yeah… I have a 2 hour AP English, AP biology, pre-calculus, lunch, Modern arts, government and phys. Ed.”

I smiled. “Awesome! I have calculus, art, home ec., AP chemistry, lunch, AP English, economics and phys. Ed as well. So, I’ll see you at lunch then? I’m sure by lunch time we’ll have our own group to sit with but who knows.”

“Alright” Jayke said and smiled. “See you at lunch” he waved and we went to find out first period classes.

I walked down the hallway ignoring everyone’s stares; I looked down at my map for a minute, not noticing the person standing right in front of me. I ran into a hard chest, stumbled a bit and mumbled and apology before side stepping him. I froze when he grabbed my arm. I turned to look up at him and gasped.

“Kira?”