Uncle Superman

There was a stunned silence, where the two Lanterns present stared at each other in absolute shock. 

" His daughter?" The stronger one asked slowly, as if still processing the statement.

" Yes, Guy, John, meet Keelan Jordan, Hal's daughter," Clark introduced with a small huff of annoyance.

' Guy ', the strong one instantly retracted the glowing green chains from around her, and as quickly as she could she scooted across the floor in an awkward crab-like crawl, and only stopped once shed bumped in to Clark's knee.

She looked up at her Uncle with imploring eyes, begging for an explanation to why her heroes were in her house, and why Clark suddenly had no need for his geeky glasses.

" It's okay now Kee, they weren't going to hurt you," Clark soothed, bending down to squat in front of her.

She let out a small hissing noise when she tried to get up, noticing that her violent yanking from the chain had wrenched her prosthetic loose. With frustration clear in his gaze she set to fixing it while Clark dealt with the intruders.

" You didn't hear me when I informed the league of her existence last meeting? Some of them already knew!" Clark admonished, exasperation clear in his tone.

Both intruders cast each other a guilty look, clearly wondering how to explain the fact that neither had been paying close attention to anything.

Before they could reply, Clark was distracted by a small tug on his pant leg, and turned his gaze to the frustrated and very confused child on the floor. Her prosthetic was still splayed in an awkward angle, and without any expertise in how to fix it, he decided he'd get Hal to fix it when he returned from his date.

As if he was summoned by sheer will alone, the sound of a key turning in the front door made all four of the room's occupants freeze. In through the door walked both Hal and Carol, who was giggling quietly as Hal winked at her flirtatiously. When the man and woman spotted the situation they too froze up. 

" I'll um.........go wait in your room," Carol voiced awkwardly, cutting through the tension.

That seemed to break the spell, and as soon as she had left, Hal seemed to find his voice.

" Just what is going on here?!" He asked incredulously, eyeing the two Lanterns with wide eyes.

" We have business to discuss, and thought you'd be home. Instead we were surprised by your daughter here, who still hasn't said a single word about any of this!" Guy explained rapidly, gesturing to the prone girl sprawled on the floor.

Hal noticed his daughter and quickly swooped over to her, crouching down next to her.

" You okay honey? I know you must be confused but I'll explain in the morning, okay? Now go back to bed for me, would you?" Hal directed hopefully.

Kee nodded, but gestured to her prosthetic limb forlornly. Hal checked and noticed the damage with a quick sigh, it was an easy fix, but one that would have to wait till morning. However, it left her imobile unless he got out her crutches again.

" Okay, Clark? Can you take her please?" Hal asked pleadingly.

Clark nodded, and picked Kee up with a goofy smile, eliciting a small, raspy sounding giggle from her torn vocal chords. When they disappeared out of sight, Hal spoke up.

" Okay, explain to me why you've scared my girl half to death!" He ground out angrily, glaring at them furiously.

Clark swung Key around playfully as he opened the door to her bedroom, causing her to let out that strange giggle again.

" Hey there, time for bed again huh?" Clark chuckled.

Kee nodded tiredly and, tried to pry the prosthetic off for bed. It didn't budge, staying firmly locked on. She grimaced and tried again but to no avail, whatever had been done to it had set  firmly against the skin that was left o her leg. Suffice to say, it was jammed.

' It's not coming off ' Kee signed in annoyance.

Clark sighed sympathetically, knowing that using his super strength would just wreck the limb even more.

" Leave it on for tonight, Hal will fix it up in the morning," Clark advised, tucking the covers over her as she lay down.

Her light brown eyes blinked up at him curiously and her hands reappeared as she asked her next question.

' I thought you could not see without your glasses. Are they fake? How do you know the Green Lanterns?' Kee asked.

" It's a long story Kee, but it may have to do with the fact that I'm Superman," Clark sighed, bent on telling her, she deserved to know.