The Super Family

Kee blinked up at her uncle with wide eyes, just staring at him in utter surprise.

' You are Superman? Like, THE SUPERMAN! '  Kee signed rapidly, after her moment of surprise was over.

" Yes, I'm Superman. And that's how I knew the Green Lanterns out there. It's because I work with them in the Justice League," Clark explained with a smile.

Kee sat up in bed with a bounce, happiness sparkling on her face, mixed with a childish excitement.

' I never would have guessed! But does my dad know you are Superman? How does he know the Lanterns? '  She asked in rapid fire.

" Oh Kee, of course he knows I'm Superman. And yes, he knows the other Lanterns because he accidentally learned their identities one day when he witnessed them battling with the Justice League. They often come to him for advice now that they've gotten to know him," Clark made up, sincerely hoping she wouldn't see through his lie. After all, it was a pretty good lie.

Kee beckoned him closer and when he came forward, she enveloped him in a tight hug which he returned smoothly.

' You're so cool, uncle Superman! Do you think dad will properly  introduce me to the Lanterns some time?' She asked hopefully.

" Oh I'm sure he will, kiddo, but only if you do what he says and go to sleep," Clark chuckled.

Keep pouted sightly, but complied and snuggled back down in to her covers, signing one final goodnight to Clark as he left the room. With a smile on her face, she fell asleep to dreams of flying around with Superman and the Green Lantern corps.

Hal had no idea how to explain this to her daughter. His fellow Lanterns had apologized profusely for the misunderstanding, and he had forgiven them now. But how was he supposed to explain this to his daughter. 

Maybe he could slip the necklace on her overnight and see if she had forgotten by morning? No, it was against his morals to do that t his daughter, preying on her unknown weakness. However, maybe he could talk to Clark and ask him hat he'd told her about the situation since he knew she would have asked him before going to sleep.

Then there was his other dilemma, the business that John and Guy had wanted to discuss. It was technically a Justice League issue, but apparently the villain in question, Vandal Savage, had specifically threatened the corps this time, not just the League as a whole. So apparently he and his colleagues were to be extra vigilant, as Savage was targeting them. At least the man had no idea of his daughter's existence. However no one ever knew how Savage had managed to find out so many of the league's secret identities. At least his was safe for the mean time.

" Well, thanks for warning me of this threat beforehand," Hal thanked his two friends warmly.

" It's fine, just keep a good eye out when on missions and patrol. Also, apologise again to your daughter for our reaction earlier," John begged, regret in his tone.

" Oh its fine, just make sure that if you meet her again, which I'm sure you will, come as civilians," Hal suggested with a smirk.

Both Lanterns nodded before exiting the house and flying off in to the night, probably up to the watchtower.

With trepidation to the morning that was to come, Hal yawned and slid in to his bedroom, smiling upon seeing Carol staring out the window in her dressing gown.

Hal was awoken at three o'clock in the morning to the sound of his phone ringing a jaunty tune. Groaning, he blinked open his eyes and scanned the caller ID. Cursing quietly at who it was, and slipping out of bed, mindful of a sleeping Carol, he made his way to the living room.

" Bats, it's three in the morning! don't you ever sleep?!" Hal answered the phone in annoyance.

Batman's voice rang loud and clear back at him, confirming his suspicions.

" You'll be glad I wasn't asleep when you hear what I've found," Batman answered grouchily.

Hal sighed and adjusted the phone.

" Well then tell me, what did the great detective find this time?" Hal asked sarcastically.

" The Justice League computers were hacked, someone has accessed the personal files belonging to all three Green Lanterns, Hal, someone knows about your identity, and they know about Keelan," Batman explained, a growl in his tone.