CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4 of F.L.U.I
What are feelings?

Why was it that the cold had to stick on so easily? For just about five minutes, and you were already feeling your fingertips as cold as ice. I should buy some gloves later on...

After going passed a couple of puzzles you noticed on the ground, you finally saw Papyrus and Sans standing by a bridge. You decided it was best if you hid behind a few trees next to them.

"HUMAN! I'M SURPRISED TO SEE YOU HAVE MANAGED TO MAKE IT THIS FAR! BUT NOW THAT YOU'VE REACHED THIS POINT, I SHALL PULL THIS LEVER FOR MY MOST PROFOUND PUZZLE!" Papyrus said. He pointed to a brown level next to him. Sans chuckled a bit. You looked at the bridge and noticed there were sharp and heavy objects at the top and bottom of the bridge, hanging off of some strings. You squinted your eyes and saw a white dog was one of them.
What...?
"ONCE I DO, YOU WILL HAVE TO DODGE THROUGH THE TOUGHEST OBJECTS, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT VERY FAR!" Papyrus finished off his speech. You looked and peeked your head out a bit to take a better look at the human standing at the other side of the bridge getting ready for the challenge. It was a small child that looked to be around seven years old. They wore a blue and purplish-pink striped sweater, with brown shorts and black shoes. Their skin was yellow and their eyes, along with their hair, was a dark brown. They look so small...

"...uh, bro? Something holding you up?" Sans said, looking up at the hanging objects. Papyrus sweated a bit, looking more and more nervous.

"NOTHINGS HOLDING ME UP, SANS. ITS JUST THAT... YES. THIS PUZZLE MIGHT BE A LITTLE TOO HARSH FOR THE HUMAN. I SHALL USE THESE LATER FOR A MUCH BETTER OCCASION." Papyrus pulled the lever all the way back and the objects were pulled away from the scene to who-knows-where.

"WELL, HUMAN. I SHALL BE SEEING YOU LATER, MEANWHILE, TRY TO GET PAST THE OTHER PUZZLES I LEFT FOR YOU LATER ON." And with that, Papyrus started to walk back. You hid yourself more in the tress so he wouldn't see you. Well, the only problem was that now you couldn't see anything outside, and you had to wait till Sans and the human left. You decided to hear in on the conversation outside.

You heard the crunching of snow, and shoes tapping on wood. Sans seemed to have chuckled a bit, leaving the human to sigh slightly.

"Well. It seems you've gotten this far," Sans started to talk. "But let me remind you on one thing: if you keep going the way you are... You're gonna have a bad time."

More crunching on snow. Once you heard nothing more, you sighed and got out of the trees. What was all that about? What did he mean by having a bad time? You knew that something about this was going to be related to you somehow, so you thought about ways to find what it was all about.

"Had fun eavesdroppin', kid?"

You flinched and looked at your right, noticing Sans. He wore the same lazy grin, but his sockets showed something more.  It looked deep and darker than it usually does, his white pin pricks just hovering over them. His whole face(?) seemed to look tired. Did he always look like this or had I only noticed this now?

He raised a non-existent eyebrow, "So, from the very beginning of this puzzle huh? I noticed you come and sneak into the trees nearby.  Why'd you come back over here?"

"I uh, um..." You stuttered. You looked up, thought for a bit to relax your state, then looked back at him, "I came back here because I wanted to know more about the other human... They're just a kid... Huh?" You looked behind you at the direction the kid had walked. You could see their footprints in the snow.

"Yeah. Like how you're a kid too, kid," Sans remarked. You looked back and gave him a stare.

"I'm not a kid..." You mumbled. You then realized that a lot of the monsters had been treating you younger than you actually are, except for the monster kid. It frustrated you a bit.