1.6 - Drowning Sorrows

Start from the beginning

"Your not planning to spike my drink, are you?" I asked in a joking manner but honestly I was serious.

"Do I look like that kind of a guy to you?" He asked faking a hurt expression.

"Looks can be deceiving" I shrugged.

"Can't argue there" he replied.

"So, you look hot for a not-party-girl" he commented looking me up and down.

"How can you tell that I'm a not-party-girl" I asked.

"For starters a party girl will never wear a jacket and she doesn't runs to the bathroom after three seconds on the dance floor"

"Well someone's stalking me"

"Its not hard to see a girl like you between a huge mass of party public"

"Was that a compliment?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Everything that describes you is sure a compliment" he winked.

"I'm flattered" I smiled. The bartender returned with a tray full of shots. My jaw dropped and I stared wide eyed at that tray.

"When I said strong I certainly didn't meant that" I said and pointed towards the tray that sat on the table in front of us.

"Trust me you need it" he answered.

"And how do you know that may I ask?"

"A girl like you will only be here for two reasons. Either her best friend forced her to or she wants to get drunk"

"You know what, I won't ask you how you know I am here for the latter." I waved my hand nonchalantly. He simply laughed.

"So let's begin"

*Ian's POV*

"Where the hell is she?" I shouted and threw the cellphone. It crashed to a wall and broke into million pieces. But right now I don't give a fuck about my cellphone. All I can think is of Allison.

Where the hell is she? Is she safe? Did something happen to her?

All this questions are running in my mind. A warm hand on my shoulder made me turn. The familiar warm brown eyes of Marie held so much concern in them.

"Take it easy son, wherever she is I know she will be fine." She consoled me in her motherly voice. After I lost my mother when I was just five years old, Marie was the one who looked after me and made sure I never felt the absence of my mother.

I smiled slightly and nodded to ease her pain. I know she too cares for Allison. Allison has become like her daughter. I saw the way they are bonded.

"Did something happen between you two?" She asked lowly.

"What you mean?" I asked back with furrowed brows.

"Did something happen between you two that made her upset or something" She elaborated.

"No, noth- " I stopped as I remembered the moment two nights ago. When I told Allison about my one true love.

"What?" Marie asked with a stern voice.

"Nothing" I replied with hesitation. Can that be the reason? I am not sure myself.

"Tell me, son" I know this women would not let this go until I tell her. I sighed and blurted out quickly "Itoldher"

Marie looked at me with wide eyes.

"Told what?" I sighed again.

"About Ashley" I replied. She gasped. Several emotions crossed on her face. First was anger, then concern and finally pity.