“But.. but” I stuttered.

“We ate like pigs when we were on the road, so you’re eating what I tell you to eat. Tomorrow, you can eat whatever you want.”

“Yes! Mmm waffles.” I said, rubbing my stomach. “So mom, are we just going to hang around home, eat, run wild or whatever until school starts or do we get to drive into town?” I asked her, hoping. I didn’t want to stay cooped up inside, away from society.

“After we finished the house, you and your brother can drive into town…maybe watch a movie or get acquainted with the town, meet some random people.” She suggested and put the meatloaf in the oven. My mouth was already starting to water in anticipation. My mom was an awesome cook.

“Okay, cool. Jayke? Do you want to? I’ll even let you drive” I smiled at him sweetly. I hated going to a movie by myself; makes you look like a loner”

“Jayke grinned and started jumping up and down. I rolled my eyes at him and sat back on the couch. “Definitely!” he said excitedly.

Mom came back in the living room with a serious look on her face. I knew what was coming already. “Just watch yourselves alright? They’re closer than ever and I don’t want anything happening to either of you. If you feel…unsettled or as if you’re being watched, come straight home, okay?”

“Yes mom” we both mumbled. It was our first week here, I doubt they would have already found us, they never find us that easily. Although my brother could be easily found because of his scent, they couldn’t find me as quickly because I’m able to mask mine. My mom and I usually use a small spell that helps Jayke mask his, that’s how other packs never find out about him and we live peacefully for years at a time.

“We smelled wolves on our way here, is there a pack nearby?” I asked mom.

“Yeah, the MoonFire pack, but they shouldn’t have caught our scent, so you’ll be fine”

After dinner we all sat around the TV and watched a movie for a few hours before heading to bed. I was too tired to get under the blankets and ended up falling asleep as soon as I jumped face first onto my bed.

*

The following week consisted of organizing and decorating the entire house, since this place was bigger than our old one, we didn’t bring too much furniture; even though it already came with some—which I found odd. When I asked my mom why the house already had so much furniture, she told me it was because this house was already ours; no one knew about it because she had a spell surrounding the entire land—hiding us from rouges and most packs who wanted to cause us harm.

Jayke and I were planning on going out to a movie, so I was in my room deciding what to wear. My room was huge. I had a king size mahogany, canopy bed in the middle of the room. My walls were a beige color and the wooden floors were a rich brown. I had two nightstands on each side of the bed, a dresser near my door, a mahogany desk with my laptop and stereo, and a large mirror on the other side of the room.

I also had a walk-in closet filled with hundreds of outfits and shoes! Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating, but it’s still a lot. I grinned and walked inside my closet, eyeing all my shirts and dresses hanging. Hmm, I thought, what to wear?

I’d already taken a shower earlier, so I just had to get dressed. I normally don’t wear make-up either, unless it’s eye shadow, mascara, and lip gloss.

It was warm out, so I pulled on a blue short denim skirt, a pink off the shoulder top with a white spaghetti strap underneath, and a pair of pink low heeled sandals. It was one of my favorite outfits to wear. I sprayed on a lavender scented perfume and brushed out my long wavy black hair. I looked into the mirror and smiled. Perfect, I thought.