Chapitre Seize: S'il Vous Plaît Ne

Start from the beginning

He frowns more and puts his hands on my shoulders, "Why?  Why did you do this?"  

I shrug out of his grasp but he quickly turns me towards him again.  I let out a breath of air and look into his eyes trying to search for words, "I-I..."

His eyes narrow and he looks at me with more kindness then I thought anyone can display, "You can tell me anything."

My face looks at him in confusion, "Why do you trust me?  You don't know my past.  The part you do know is that I am a thief and a murderer, yet you trust me."

The Phantom says, "It is the same thing with me, you know I have done horrible things, yet you trust me.  I trust you Hailey.  I know there is more to you than that."

I shake my head, "Why did you come searching for me?"

He answers simply before walking back to the door to one of the tunnels motioning me to follow and I do, "I was worried."

We arrive in the lair quickly, quicker than usual.  He walks over near a candle and pulls me with him.  He turns and looks at me, more like looking around my mask which is bright red with blood.  His hand reaches up and strokes the side of my face.  I close my eyes but open them when his hand gets close to my mask.

"I am not going to remove it.  Unless you want me to.  Will you at least let me clean up what is exposed," he says dropping his hand.

"Um... okay.  Just don't take it off please," I say weakly.

"I won't take it off unless I have permission," he nods and sits me in a chair before disappearing behind a curtain.

He returns with his cape and vest off holding a small box.  He walks over to me, he was wearing just his mask, trousers, and a white shirt.  He sits down next to me and opens up the box.  In it is basic first aid stuff.  He takes out a cloth and looks me in the eyes before wiping what is exposed on my face.  He wipes around my mask when he removes the cloth I see it red with blood.

"How did this happen," he asks wetting a different cloth and wiping my mask slowly then around it again,

I close my eyes biting my lip then reply, "I-uh."

He removes the cloth and looks at me in the eyes seriously, "Please tell me."

"I...," I say looking down at my hands.

He looks down at my hands realizing the blood.  He nods to himself before lifting my chin so I am looking back into his blue eyes.  He whispers to me, "Please... don't do this."

I let out a huff of air, "Why would you care Erik..."

"I do, Hailey," he says looking at me.

"O-ok," I whisper and he continues to clean my face.  When he is done he stands up and helps me up. He walks with me over to the organ and sits down next to me as I start to play a turn from a few days ago, and he starts to sing the lyrics to it.

His voice sours throughout the lair.  I close my eyes continuing to play and sway to his voice.

"Look with your heart

And not with your eyes

A heart understands

A heart never lies"

I join in with him, singing the next verse.  I smile continuing to sway at the sound of the music. I feel his eyes on my but I sing like he isn't watching and play like there is no tomorrow.

"Believe what it feels

And trust what it shows

Look with your heart

The heart always knows"

His voice sings the next verse by himself, again his voice sours around the lair.  His voice sounds like angels.  

"Love is not always beautiful

Not at the start

So open your arms

And close your eyes tight

Look with your heart

And when it finds love

Your heart will be right"

I smile and turn and look him in the eyes when I feel his eyes still on me.

"Learn from someone who knows

Make sure you don't forget

Love you misunderstand

Is love that you'll regret"

I stop singing and let him sing the chorus.  My hands know where to play and how to play the notes without me even thinking about it.

"Look with your heart

And not with your eyes

The heart can't be fooled"

We start to switch off every line towards the end.

"The heart is too wise"

"Forget what you think"

"Ignore what you hear"

"Look with your heart

It always sees clear"

"Love is not always beautiful

Not at the start"

Our voices join together at the end and our voices echo off of the walls.

"But open your arms

And close your eyes tight

Look with your heart

And when it finds love

Your heart will be right"

I open my eyes that I find were closed and face Erik who is staring at me.  When he sees I am looking at him he awkwardly stands up nodding at me and says, "You must be tired."

I nod getting up as well, "Yes I guess I am.  Good night Erik." 

"Good night Hailey," he says as I turn and walk towards my bed disappointed.  Our conversation ended like that, we didn't talk after.  Erik probably just wanted me to go so he can visit Christine.  I flop down on the bed, I couldn't sleep but frowned when I hear the sound of a paddle hitting water.  I was right, he was going to see Christine...

Arrêter de me demander de vous faire confiance alors que je suis encore crachats de l'eau depuis la dernière fois que tu me laisses se  noient.