Chapter 12

Darkness. she can't see anything but a small beam light coming from a hole in the wall. She found a small food door which she tried open and try to see something but there is nothing. "Hello?"

It is too dark. Drifting in and out of consciousness.

"Anne" A voice calls out from the other side of the door. Slowly, she stands, holding onto the wall.

"Lady Boleyn, I am sorry for the rough accommodation but it is safer than anywhere else"

"I don't understand...?"

"Some attackers came to your family home, they shot you and took your maids"

"My sister? Her husband?"

"Escaped to his farm." A breath of relief escaped Anne's lips.

The man walks away but returns with a set of keys, he twists the key causing the door to unlock and come open. The man curtsies, causing her to frown.

"Why do you curtsy to me when I am now downgraded from any titles?"

"Because you are still the Queen to many who still hold you in their hearts and mind".

"God bless you sir"

He leads her up some narrow stairs to a room with window slits in the wall, wind blowing through, causing her to shiver because of the coldness hitting them. "Lady Boleyn, I am sorry if this isn't the luxury or lovely surroundings, you are used to"

"It is fine, as long as it keeps us safe from intruders or attackers".

A knock on the door interrupts any further talking, the man goes over to the door and lets in the stranger. The stranger has a hood on, he turns around and pulls off the hood revealing a handsome face that she knows

"Wyatt. Does Henry know you are here?"

"I told him, I was visiting family". Thomas smiles, remembering the old days "Remember the days when we would be at Hever, the birds chirping and us under the tree, I reciting my poems and you gazing up at the clouds in the sky dreaming, thinking about life and all you wanted to do"

"I remember that one day that Mary stumbled upon us, insisting that she joins us and that she would be quiet and peaceful but the whole time, she talked and talked.

"Sometimes I wish that we could do simples things like that, gaze up at the clouds with the sun shining down onto the fields"

"Maybe one day Anne"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

"Wyatt". He sighs before bowing down.

"Anne Boleyn, I do swear that I will take you to the fields near Hever and we will sit for hours under the trees, reciting poems and dreaming"

"Don't forget listening to the birds sing and chirp"

"We shall listen to the birds sing and chirp"

"Very well, Thomas Wyatt"