Chapter 17

"Anne wake up, the castle is coming into our view". Her eyes slowly open, letting the light in.

"Are you excited Mary?"

"Yes but I am little nervous".

"Just remember who you are and who is by your side".

"Yes, I am strong woman and a Boleyn".

"Yes you are".

"And you are too".

"Thank you sister. The mind is a powerful tool. A simple thought or word can change the world, for better or for worse".

-

Anne's maid helps Mary and her out and off the carriage, into the castle. 

"Madam, would you like two rooms next to each other?".

"Yes, but be careful of the placement of the rooms...maybe somewhere closer to the gardens, away from most of the court".

The King has organised rooms for both Mary and Anne but offered the choice of which rooms. He ordered for them to be treated fairly but she still has to go as Anne Grelane as her name at court.

Mary takes her hand before they walk into the corridors leading to the meeting chamber where people with missions, ideas, business or political proposals and messages or news wait to talk and see the King.

The chamber is emptier than it was when she would stroll through to get to the King when she was the Queen but there is still eager people waiting for the door to open.

A guard points to a space to wait until they will be received. Both of their heels click on the ground as the sisters make their way over. The space has a window near which overlooks the gardens, showing flowing fountains and blooming, colourful flowers.

"I forgot the beauty of this place"

"I certainly didn't" Some man says from beside them"

"Well you spend your entire life here, Gregory" Mary replies, smiling at the man she knows

Mary was always friendly and bubbly, ready to face a situation head on whereas Anne prefer to step back, analysing the situation before putting her input.

"Ah I have missed you Mary, when you would walk around here, chatting and making sure everyone wasn't having a tedious time".

"I felt like I had to! All of them looked so serious and stern, I thought a laugh would help them or even just a conversation".

"Dear sister?" Mary spots someone she knows.

"Yes you can go to them, just make sure to be with me when we go in".

"I will".

Anne's mind goes back to a time she was at court before everything happened

One time, a small boy came to admire his King and Queen, telling them that they were both so majestic and graceful, and that he wishes he had such grace. His Majesty told him that one day he will but for now, he has to be a boy and play.

A grin was on Anne's face as she stood up and walked to the boy, kneeling, placing a kiss upon his cheek, saying something quietly and softly.

"Petit garçon, merci pour vos aimables paroles. Dieu te bénisse".

His face lights up, understanding the words. "What is your name?" 

"Arthur, Your Majesty".

"Named after His Majesty's brother?".

"Yes...Your Majesty".

"Very well" She tap him lightly on the cheek, before making her way back to the grand chair, earning a smile from the King.

One of the guards alerts the crowd that he is about to announce the next to go in to the audience room. The room is silent except for a few hushed whispers which disappear after a few seconds.

"Lady Anne Grelane and Lady Mary Boleyn".