Chapter 9

"Mistress Grelane?"

."Yes?"

"Sorry for waking you, Elizabeth can not come because of an outbreak of disease in the city".

"Cromwell has suggested that you go to Hever and write to your sister to join you". Anne packs her belongings and writes a letter

Dear Mary

There is an outbreak of disease so I shall return to Hever. Your husband and yourself would be safer if you would do the same. Travel slowly to not upset the unborn child.

The king is in his rooms alone with only William Sommers sometimes there to amuse him. The weather has been dull and cold. Hopefully, the country air should be good for us. I may write soon.

Anne Boleyn, your loving sister.

...

2 days later, She is at Hever. It is the same. Forest around the castle, hedges and a beautiful castle. The rooms had already been prepared for her stay and she is in her old rooms. Her father is at court and her mother is staying with the Duchess of Norfolk. 

A maid walks in and tends to the fire. "Madam, do you need any assistance?". 

"Yes, with the laces, I am afraid the past days have been tiring". The maid brushes her hands on her dress and walks over to Anne

"Do you not remember me?"

"I am sorry but I do not".

"To be expected but remember before you went to France and to court". 

"Oh, you were my tutors daughter"

"Yes".

The maid unties the laces and helps her with the clothes.

...

In the morning, the weather is sunny and clear. Above her in the trees are birds chirping and flying in the sky. She runs around the trees and listens to the sounds of peaceful nature. In the distance is a river, which Anne goes to. 

Looking around her, there is no sign of anyone. She strips off the clothes was wearing which wasn't a lot since she expected to have a swim. At first, she puts her foot in, feeling the coolness. Then slides gently into the river. It is not cold but not warm.

The sun beams down on the field as a maid drys her chemise while she is dressed again, eating breakfast. Anne's hand goes to her neck but she does not feel anything there.

"My necklace!"

"Looking for this, madam?". 

Anne spins around see a man holding the necklace. He hands it to her with a grin.

"Good day, Madam Boleyn"

"Mistress Grelane! Mary is here". 

She walks in to the castle and to the front door when the maid opens the door and goes out across to the road to see her coming. Two horses are galloping up the road. One of the people waves and they reach me.

"Anne!" Mary shouts, jumping down from her house.

 Her Husband, William Stafford is on the other horse and he takes Mary's horse and rides into the castle ground. Mary and Anne walk in. 

"Are you okay?"Anne asks, looking at her stomach. Mary nods 

"The child is strong...like you"She replies.

"It has been forever since I have been here"Mary says with a smile as she wanders around. Her husband sits on a chair while Mary sits on another.  The maid brings in some treats and wine. They all sit talking about old stories by the fireplace.