Chapter 5

Stay with me

"So.." Ashton trailed off with a smirk. "You and Michael." He winked, nodding his head at the blonde boy who was chatting with Luke in the pizza line. "What?" I asked confused on what he meant. "When are you gonna date?" He asked, as calum let out an annoyed sigh.

"Ashton they're not gonna date. You know what Mikey's going through." Calum snapped and left the table. I raised my brows at his outburst and looked back at Ashton. "He's just pissed because you're into michael and not him." Ashton giggled, rolling his eyes at Calums immature behavior.

"Shut up ash neither of em like me like that." I tossed a French fry his way. Ashton caught it in his mouth and winked. Then he got serious. "Jackie." He sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. "Michaels not well. Michaels depressed and honestly since you came into his life he's been more his old self. Happy, talkative, smiley. After crystal left him for alex he just wasn't himself." Ashton explained watching as I nodded at him. "Don't hurt him. He's so fragile and broken I'm scared of what he'd do something bad to himself that could not only effect him but us as well. I love Michael, he's my best friend. Keep him happy Jackie." Ashton said, in all serious then smiled.

"What makes you so sure he's changing because of me?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. "From what I hear crystal is talking to him again." I felt my mood drop at my own words. Ashton stiffened and anger roamed his eyes. "He's what?" Ashton nearly growled at me. I nodded slightly and pushed my tray away not feeling so hungry.

"Hey guys." Michael smiled at Ashton and I. Ashton smiled back and moved down for Luke. I pulled a fake smile then picked at the sub on my plate.

After a few minutes calum returned with a plate full of food and a frown on his face. "Damn the tables too quiet." I giggled out nervously. Ashton nodded and began to chat along with Luke.

Michael nudged me with his elbow and asked "are you okay?" I nodded and spoke "yeah I only wanted the pineapples."

"Well well well. Michaels actually eating today!" Alex's annoying voice came from behind us. Michael stiffened and placed the pizza down on his plate. "Alex fuck off for Christ sake! Stop being so fucking jealous of Michael! Yeah he dated crystal but he's done with her. You get her all to yourself. I don't never understand why you want to make his life a living hell! Just fuck off you cunt." I growled at the taller boy. The cafeteria went silent and so did alex. "Go pick on someone your own size." I hissed, standing up.

"Sweetheart he is my height. As for you. You're way to small. And by the way. Michaels not done with crystal. I read all her texts. He's tryna win her back. When she brought you up he said you didn't matter that he didn't need you. You're only a distraction. Here's something do you think anyone at this table cares about you?! Most of these boys want to use you to make mikey over here happy. Other than calum he actually likes you. Which I find fucking hilarious. Your past is pretty scary. I'm surprise no ones ran away from you yet. Maybe they don't even know. How about we tell everyone. Jacqueline was born as a crack baby! That's why here eyes are white! And she stutters! You maybe pretty but in this school I always win." He finished, smirking at the tears in my eyes. "Remember you like Michael but Michael only thinks of you as a distraction." Alex winked then walked off. I stood with a gapped mouth and ready eyes.

"Jackie." Michael started standing up. He went to grab my arm but I snatched it away. "That's all I am to you? A distraction. I understand completely. You didn't care about me in the first place. I hope your fucking happy." I cried to the older boy who stood completely still.

He had nothing to say. He nodded slightly and looked over my shoulder to I assume, crystal. He pushed past me and toward her where he crashed his lips against her. Alex had rage in his eyes at Michael but stayed seated. My tears already drenched my face and I met eyes with Ashton who shook his head at michael.

"Jackie." Ashton started as the three boys stood to their feet. "No." I held my hand up at calum who came close to me. "You fucking knew he didn't want me but you still let me fall. Congratulation you lost me. All of you."

Nope that's how I'd imagine it would go. This is how it went.

"Alex dude shut up." I scolded at the taller boy who raised his brows in amusement. "You keep coming at Michael for dating crystal but guess what he's completely over her." I stood to my feet as did Michael. I could feel Michael's confused glance but he kept a straight face toward alex. "Just fuck off. We don't want any trouble from you." I finished, sitting back down. Michael stayed on his feet, turning his glare toward alex who raised his brows in amusement.

"How are you so sure he's over crystal?" He asked, running his thumb over his stubble. "Because I know." I shrugged, turning and looking up to his gaze. "I believe you. Then this means you don't look, or even come close to crystal. And im blocking you from her phone." He smirked, heading over to his table.

Michael's face dropped into sadness. My heart fumbled and then forced me to turn away. He slid beside me and continued to eat. "I'm sorry, I should've kept my mouth shut." I said slowly to Michael who just nodded. I sighed and shoved my plate to Ashton who shrugged and eat the food.

"Where are you going?" Calum asked, gripping my hand as I stood from my seat. "Home." I mumbled watching him nod. "Text me when you're home." He said softly, pulling me in for a hug. I hugged him back and pulled away. Like came over and hugged me as did Ashton. I waited for Michael to copy them as they normally hugged me when we left but he was mad at me. I nodded my head slowly and turned on my heel.

When I got home I greeted my mother with a hello then took off to my room. One lucky thing about my parents is they're smart enough to get soundproof walls. Thank god for that. I grabbed the closest thing I had and threw it across the room. I let out angry screams and cries and slammed my fists into my walls. The walls were left undamaged but my fist made a sickening crack. I didn't really care, no I instead continuously slammed my fist until someone ripped me away from the wall.

"Jacqueline oh my god." I heard my mother cry out as my father held me. I stopped being stone cold and cried into his chest. My mother wrapped her arms around my father and I and allowed me to just cry.

"I'm so sorry." I'd constantly repeat, with tears streaming down my face. My mother shushed me and stroked my hair. "I can only take so much." I whimpered before breaking into more tools. "I'm so sorry you got stuck with a crazy ass kid. Send me back if you want." I whimpered feeling my father sigh.

"We'll never give you back Jacqueline. You're our daughter. Maybe not blood but you still mean the world to us. It's okay to be sad. We'll help you through this i promise." My father said while I cried into his chest.

"Now tell us what's going on."