Chapter 2

Scars tell their own stories

I dont know what time it was or if the sun was even up, but someones phone kept getting spammed and it was driving me insane.

"I swear to god if you dont shut that fucking phone up im gonna break it." I growled, burying my face deeper into what I thought was a pillow.

"Well arent you a ball of sunshine in the morning." Calum giggled, his voice sounded distant. My eyes snapped open and I was met with I'm guessing someones chest. I peaked up to see a sleeping Michael, his arms wrapped around my body and a small smile on his face.

My eyes widened in horror and met with Calum who rolled his eyes. "Just sit still. He never sleeps this long, he's usually up and hiding." Calum mumbled sadly. I blinked and shut my eyes again.

|•|

I sighed and ran my fingers through my wet hair. The rain poured and the hoodie was drenched in water. My make up was still intacted but my hair was out of its curls. My foster parents had one car that my dad took to work. Mom said she needed milk to fix up dinner so i volunteered to walk to the store and buy some. The walk was about a fifteen minute walk.

"Great." I kicked the puddles as it began to thunder and lightning. The milk jug was tightly gripped in my small hands and a frown placed on my features.

My body for some reason I stopped and faced michael house. My house was probably a 10 minutes away but the rain was getting strong and scary. I turned to keep walking but my name was called. "Jackie?" A cracky voice called. I looked up at Michael who stood in front of his door step. "Its too dangerous out there, come on in." He said loudly over the thunder. I nodded and moved toward his house.

"Hey." I breathed out, pulling my hood off my head and stepping in his house. He barely nodded and gestured for me to follow. "We can put it in the fridge. Hopefully the storm dies down and ill drive you home." He offered, holding his hand out. I nodded and smiled.

"Im just gonna text my mom." I said quietly, watching him push stuff around and put the milk in the fridge. I pulled my phone and sent a quick text that I was gonna wait till the storm passed over.

"Come on, ill get you some clothes." He mumbled under his breath. I nodded and followed him up the stairs. The cold wooden floors made a quiet slapping sound as our bare feet stepped onto them.

The room coloured in black with yellow writing was supposably michaels room. "Sorry for the mess." He squeaked, picking up a pizza box. His room wasnt even that bad. I barely nodded and watched him push open his closet and pull out a shirt and a sweater. He then went over to a dresser with trophies and photos of this girl.

My eyes trailed down to the shorts in michael hands. He looked as if he was debating to give it to me or not. He took and breath and handed me the clothes.

"Thanks." I smiled softly, walking into the bathroom in his room. When I shut the door a picture of michael and the girl were taped onto it. The words "I miss you" were written above it.

|•|

"Thanks for letting me stay and giving me a ride." I smiled softly at michael who smiled and then pulled into my driveway. "I'll wash these and give them back at school." I cleared my cracky throat. Michael nodded and parked the car. "Thanks again." I said, pushing the door open and grabbing my stuff. "Jackie?" He called from inside the car. I held the door and peeked back in. "Goodnight." He smiled making me smile. I shut the door of his car and made my way into my house.

"Ooooouu. Jackies gonna get a boyfriend."