Chapter Forty-Nine

Prince Harry was in a bundle of nerves the instant he woke up. He had always been a tad bit more emotional than William, but this day was understandable. This was his wedding day. Not just any wedding day that happens, but a Royal wedding where millions of people are said to be expected to tune in on the television.

Crowds and crowds of people have already lined the streets along with cameramen and paparazzi.

How could he not be nervous?

He stood in front of the floor length mirror at his reflection going over his Blues and Royal's. He had his forage cap that carries a badge of the Blues and Royals and has an insignia of the Most Noble with the Queen's decipher. He wore his aiguillettes proud, cross belt, gold waist belt, and sword slings. It was a little different than how he wore it for William's wedding though. Now he wore the wings of the Army Air Corps, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal, and after he had come back from Afghanistan he was awarded the Afghanistan campaign medal

It was the same uniform that he wore as best man for William's wedding and now he was wearing it for his own.

He never thought that this day would actually come but now that it has he wouldn't have it any other way.

"You ready?" William asked as he turned around to face his older brother.

William was dressed in his Uniform of Colonel of the Irish Guards. Decorated in his medals all.

Harry's hands shook slightly as he took in a deep breath and let it out and gripped the ends of his uniform to calm them down.

"Yeah."

William could tell that his younger brother was nervous.

"You don't have to do this if your having any doubts," William told him sincerely with no ulterior motives.

He was genuinely concerned about him. Hell, even he was nervous for his wedding but he hoped Harry would be able to make it through. He loved Rose and thought she brought out the best in Harry and Harry brought out the best in her.

"No, I'm not having any doubts. I'm just nervous. How the hell were you able to handle this?"

William laughed lightly trying to ease the conversation. He knew that Harry loved Rose. He had seen a change in him ever since he started dating Rose. Yes, he still loved to party, but a small part of him could see that always being there. Rose had changed him in more ways than one. He had always been pretty sensitive and had a big heart. Rose never took advantage of that or made him be something he wasn't.

"I was nervous as hell. What helped me though was that at the end of it I knew Kate would be my wife. That was all the reassurance I needed."

"Thanks Will," Harry told his brother as he brought him in for a hug.

"Your welcome. Just remember mum is looking down upon you right now sending her love. Shall we go?"

"Thanks Will," he said clearing his throat from the lump that was there, "yeah, we should." Harry gave Will a smile and they walked out of the room they were in and the building that lead to the car they would drive in. Police officers were on a motorcycle in front to escort them and a black Range Rover that had their body guards in them.

Walking out of Clarence Hall with their white gloves on both of their hands now and their Forage cap, Prince Harry and the Duke of Cambridge got into the car. William knew that he had to calm his younger brother down before they got to the Abbey.

"Didn't expect to be on this end little brother?" William joked to his younger brother as they sat comfortably in the car.

Just three years ago, the Duke of Cambridge was in the same position and Harry had joked around with his nerves. Now he knew exactly how he felt. The only reassurance that helped was knowing that Rose would meet him at the end of the aisle.