Chapter Thirty-Seven

Rose and Harry were now back in England.  As soon as the plane touched down on the ground and they got out paparazzi were taking pictures of the couple as they walked hand-in-hand as Harry's security guard team was trying to get them to back off.

"How was Germany?"

"Why were you gone for so long?"

"Did you go somewhere else?"

The shouting wouldn't stop and Rose had to shield her eyes so that the light from cameras wouldn't bother her them.  She could hear Harry's security guards telling the paparazzi to back off as they made their way to the black range rover that seemed to somehow take forever to get to even though it was only right in front of them.  

Just a few more steps, Rose told herself.

The door to the black range rover opened and Rose was in the car safe from the paparazzi along with Harry.  Finally.

"Do you think they suspect anything?" Rose asked Harry as soon as the car took off and they buckled their seat belts.

"I don't know.  You never know with those bloody paparazzi."

He really didn't.  The paparazzi were sneaky.  They along with the rest of the people who kept up with them, were able to notice things before they were even properly announced.  He was glad that didn't have Rose wear the engagement ring on her left ring finger just yet.  Rose knew that she was able to wear it in private and when the announcement would be made, in public.  

...

As the black range rover pulled up to the palace gates they noticed paparazzi there as well making Harry and Rose duck their heads so that they didn't get a picture of the newly engaged couple.  When they made it past the gates, Rose and Harry let out a breath that they didn't know they were holding.  Once the car came to a stop, Harry and Rose got out hand in hand.  

When they began walking further into the palace, Harry stopped Rose making her look at him like something was wrong.

"What is it?" Rose asked him as her eyebrows furrowed.

Instead of telling her, Harry dug in his bag and pulled out the black box that held Rose's engagement ring.  Taking it out of the box he slid it on her left ring finger making Rose look at him in awe.  He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her ring finger with the ring on it, pulling her closer to his body and cupping her cheeks with his hands.  Rose closed the distance and pressed her lips to his in a sweet, loving kiss.  

It was as if that one kiss could make everything good again.  With Rose everything was good.  

"Let's go meet my family in the other room," Harry told Rose.  

"Okay," Rose nodded her head in agreement.

She wrapped her hand around his right bicep as they walked side by side through the corridors of the palace.  As they entered the Rose's eyes grew wide with shock as not only were Harry's family in there but hers as well.

Letting go of Harry's bicep, she flung her arms around her dad as tears welled up in her blue grey eyes.  

"Congratulations, Princess." Her father, John, murmured to her as he held his oldest daughter tight in his arms.  

She would always be his princess to him.  Even though she would be marrying a Prince, that would always be her nickname to him.  Everyone smiled as they looked at the two being reunited.  After Rose hugged her dad she then went onto her mother and the rest of her siblings. And then she walked right up to Harry.