38

Adelaide

When I woke up back in my room I had a burning headache. I groaned as I sat up rubbing my eyes tiredly. Surprisingly the blinds on the window were rolled down, blocking the morning sunlight. Before I got up from the bed I noticed a glass of water and some aspirin on the bed stand. Scooting over so I could grab the glass I noticed a small note next it as well.

'Good morning hope you will feel better'

I grinned at the note before grabbing into two pills and taking them. I took a huge gulp of water and then stood up stretching myself. Walking towards the window I pulled up the blinds and I was greeted by the morning sunlight. I had a perfect view of New York which also meant noises. The streets were busy usual and the working buildings were light up as well. 

These streets are the streets that I grew to enjoy walking through. Something about them made me feel much more connected to the city that was once unknown to me but now is a place I could recall as memory, a good memory at least till now.

Would it hurt to not be able to see this city anymore?

Or would hurt more to not see the faces around here anymore?

Turning myself away from the window I decided to get dressed into something comfortable for today as it was the weekend. 

    When I got dressed I pulled my hair into a pony tail pulling it to my right shoulder. Brushing through my hair I walked out of the room walking into the kitchen. Daveed was already sitting there on the table, but breakfast was already set out. Daveed smiled when he noticed me walking in.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." He greeted me with a beautiful smile on his lips. I couldn't help but blush slightly when he stood up and wrapped his arms around my wait pulling me closer to him. I mumbled a good morning and giving him a small smile. "I hope you're feeling better and that you're not going through too bad hangover." 

"Thanks for taking care of me last night." I said putting my face against his chest and he let out a light hearted chuckle.

"Anytime, princess." I felt Daveed pressing a kiss on my head. "Since I thought you might be going through a slight hangover I prepared breakfast this time." Daveed then pulled away before showing of his work smiling proudly making me let out a giggle.

"So sweet of you." I cooed happily and he let out a laugh before we both sat down.

"Try this." Daveed offered a me a fork with delicious looking food on it. Though the offer seemed nice my brows frowned but I let out a small laugh.

"I can feed myself, Davee." I spoke giving him a funny look. As I was about to grab a fork for myself he stopped me holding the fork in front of my face. He was giving me a teasing pout as he didn't budge till I gave in. "You're so weird." I called out throwing my hands in the air as I chewed on the food.

"I think you infected me with your weirdness." Daveed let out a fake cough but couldn't wipe the growing smirk on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him playfully. Slapping his shoulder when tried to push a fork into my face again. This made him let out a laugh and ate the food himself. Finally I could eat some for myself.

"It's really good by the way."

Daveed smiled at me.

"Of course I learned from the best."

"I think we should move the couch a bit to the left so that we could see the TV better." I announced after I turned on the TV for us. Daveed was laying on the couch waiting for me to come over to him. "Its just...can you even see from there?" I turned around trying to move backwards to where the couch was and still have a good look on the screen.