09

Adelaide

"So?"

"So what?"

"Did you make Daveed change his mind about me?"

I pursed my lips at her question and leaned back into the wall. "Not really...but he thinks your nice and funny." I quickly said giving her a small smile not really wanting to talk about it. Daphne didn't say anything for a while staring at the cars passing by.

"Nice and funny, huh? How about we change that 'nice' into sexy." She exclaimed suddenly pulling her beanie from her head and ran hand through her head. I just stared at her as she did so. "Sexy and funny is always a good combination. Don't you think?" Her eyes met mine and I could feel them burning into mine forcing me to nod my head.

"Yeah it is." I mumbled crossing my arms over my chest feeling uncomfortable. Daphne packed her beanie into her bag and then shrugged of her jacket. She was wearing a tank top under it showing off her cleavage. Then she leaned next to me against the wall. I suddenly felt insecure even though I had the model body but she also had a dancers body and they were practically on the same level. The thing is I remember this Daphne from kindergarten. She always wanted the things I wanted and she always got them because she was better in talking and wrapping things around her finger. I just stood there when she stole my friends from me and then she always said that they were still mine but they stopped talking to me so obviously they weren't anymore. Even though she was all bubbly and loud, if she wanted something she would get it. And most the times they were things that I wanted.
That doesn't mean I wanted Daveed in the way she wanted Daveed, so there shouldn't be a problem. But there was, it was something in my gut that was spinning knowing something bad was going to happen.

Daveed finally walked out and he immediately spotted us. I couldn't help but smile at him and he smiled back. As soon as he came to us his smile faded and he spotted Daphne.

"Hey, Adelaide and Daphne." He greeted us and I could see from the corner of my eyes that Daphne had winked at him. I looked at Daveed seeing him give her a wary smile.

"Sorry about me leaving like that." I apologized still feeling guilty about making him worry. He shook his head.

"Its fine Adelaide it wan't your fault that they didn't let you in. They said that someone told them that I changed my mind, but they don't remember who." Daveed explained with a small smile and then a shrug of his shoulder. I blinked a few times then smiled.

"Its alright." I mused then the three of us started walking. Daveed was in the middle as Daphne had jumped from my side to his other free side. Daphne had opened her mouth but Daveed beat her at it.

"What did you think?" The question was directed to me and I knew what he was asking about.

"I thought it was amazing!" I exclaimed with enthusiasm. "And I don't say that a lot at the modern pop culture, so yeah I did enjoy it. My brother is really into history so I think he would love this." I said then I turned to Daveed with wide eyes. "Daveed! I didn't know you could rap that fast! I barely understood the words you rapped!" Slapping his shoulder after I let out a breath and then he let out a laugh.

"Thanks?" He said with a raised eyebrow and a smile. I bit my lip at his smile that reached his eyes this time and it made let out a sigh.

"You were amazing, Daveed." I breathed out, out of nowhere. It came out like I just watched the whole musical and all I did was watch him. And to me it felt like I did at first. I could feel my cheeks sting with the color red when he was just staring at me. In this moment we both seemed to completely forgotten about the world around us, and it was just him and I. Something about that made my heart race and my mimd grow blank. Did he feel the same way I did? Because if he did then I wouldn't know what to think. The his dark eyes just stared into mine, it felt like the whole world had stopped spinning. But the moment didn't last long. It was shorter than I thought as well.

My eyes turned to the eyes that were staring dark holes into mine which didn't belong to Daveed but Daphne. She was glaring at me and I knew exactly why.Then I looked back at Daveed who was about to open his mouth but I beat him to it.

"I mean, like everyone was amazing. You, Daphne, Anthony and Lin as well. Oh." I forced out a small laugh. "Anthony as Phillip Hamilton was so adorable. The whole musical was amazing." I rambled on rubbing the back of my neck. Daveed stared more but this time confused at my rambling. "Amazing. Everything was amazing. And Daphne was even more amazing, don't you think Daveed?" Here I was pushing someone, someone who is my friend, right into her hands. Pursing my lips I watched Daveed's eyes move from mine to Daphne, who plastered a shy smile on her lips.  "You have to thank Lin for me. It was just so amazing. He is such a talented man." I pulled my hands to my sides my eyes staring at the ground, I smiled. "We should get going." And we did.

This time I was leading us down to the train station while Daveed and Daphne were behind me talking to each other. Even though I could hear what they were talking about I decided to push their talk away. When we got into the train I sat down on one of the empty chair tired from all the standing and walking. I watched Daveed and Daphne talk animatedly, and I could see the way Daphne was making her moves on Daveed, which included moving close to him and rubbing her hand over his arm. I turned away when Daveed's eyes caught me staring. Even though I have turned away I could feel Daveed staring at me, but when I turned to them he wasn't. Pursing my lips I thought to myself that I should have seen that coming.

          The moment we walked up to New York the cold air hit me and I shivered wrapping my arm around each other. Even though I was used to the cold in London, I still would have a jacket with me but now I didn't. I hadn't opened my mouth since my rambling and Daphne and Daveed hadn't stopped talking. I was pretty sure Daphne was flirting with Daveed when I wasn't looking. Now all I wanted to go into my room and fall asleep. The walk to the apartment wasn't long but still the night air was cold which was odd as summer would be starting soon.

"Are you cold?" It was Daveed who asked me. The three of were walking at same pace. Daphne had put on her jacket but realized that was a mistake for her when Daveed asked me. I nodded my head.

"I should have gotten my jacket, I didn't expect it to get so cold." I chuckled lightly more to myself and I gave him a soft reassuring smile. "Its okay."

Daveed frowned his brows. "No its not okay. You're shivering." And he was right. I was but I didn't seem to have noticed. "C'mon." He said shrugging of the jumper that turned out to be a jacket and then put it over my shoulder. I tensed up when I smelled the cologne that had stuck around the soft warm material.

"You really don't have to." I mumbled wanting to give it back to him even though the smell made me feel at ease. But kept his hands on my shoulder holding it.

"I rather have you not get a cold on your first week in New York." He said with gentle smile and I could feel myself feel even warmer. He helped put my arms  through the sleeves and then sipped it up closed. I grinned at how big it was on me and how comfortable it was.

"Thank you." I said walking closer to him this time. And he just smiled ruffled my head.

"No problem, princess."

(A/N)

tomorrow is our official day of school but i already have to look for universities  :') idk even know how, i only found one till now (although i was getting pretty distracted with other tthings, dont tell my dad )

oh oh do you like the new cover?? i didn't like the other one that much so i changed 

hope you enjoyed this chapter

comments and votes are appreciated 

thank you for reading <3

& stay safe