10

Adelaide

Daphne and I got to our apartment when we did Daphne was the one slamming the door shut. I turned to when I slipped of my flats with a raised eyebrow. She turned around and glared.

"I thought you liked Anthony!!" She had raised her voice angrily.

"I do." I said not really sure where she was going with that but then I realized it when my hands found their way into the jacket that didn't belong to me. It belonged to Daveed. I blushed at the thought of wearing Daveed jacket.

"Really? Because I think you're being a greedy little whore." Daphne snarled loudly at me her eyes brown eyes narrowed and I gasped.

What the hell??

"Excuse me?!" I cried out feeling anger boil in me but I was more confused than angry. No one ever called me a whore and my friend calling that was so shocking that for a second that I thought I miss heard. Daphne just kept on glaring at me.

"You heard what I said. Its only been what three days and you got your hands all over Anthony and Daveed." She stated. I paled when I realized that she was right. Its only been three days and I already was making out with Anthony and having these weird feelings that I haven't felt since forever for Daveed. My eyes welled up and I turned around walking to my room. When I closed the door I took off the jacket and threw it on the bed. This was happening all too fast now that I realized it. I couldn't believe it that I could fall for two men so easily. Sliding down the door I hugged my knees let my tear slide down my cheeks. Those tears weren't just this situation but also for missing London and my family in France. Sniffling I stood up and took my clothes than crawled into my bed. All the crying made me even more tired. I fell asleep immediately forgetting to put my phone to charge and forgetting that Daveed's jacket still laid on my bed. That didn't matter now, because for the first time I felt like I was just bothering everyone.

      The next morning I decide to wake up early and go out for a morning walk to avoid Daphne. I wasn't sure what to think after last night. I was really hurt, because Daphne was my friend well at least I thought she was now I wasn't sure what she was to me. And to think I have to live with her was even more exhausting. I should have taken my own apartment, I have never liked the idea of sharing apartments with friends because of these types of situations. Now all I wanted to was not see her, I wasn't sure what to say to her if I should stand for myself even though I knew that she was right. But did that did give her the right to call me a whore? No I don't think so. I texted my brother about what happened and he thought that someone had to punch her in the face for a) calling me a whore b) for making me cry and c) she needs it. I told him that he was unreasonable but he kept on saying that he had the right to as my brother. Him standing up for me made me happy, I used to stand up for him all the time and now that he has grown up he does the same for me. But still I didn't like to make this situation go physical and he was all the way in France.

I got to the apartment complex and then into the elevator. When I was about to press my floor button and go to debate on what I should do, but someone calling made me stop.

"Hold it open please!" And I did. There was Daveed sweating in a black Oakland tank top and some shorts. I gulped when he stepped in. "Hey there." He said smiling when he saw that it was me. I mumbled a hey quietly pressing his floor button and then mine. "You're up early."

"I could say the same to you." I looked at him and he still had on that stupid smile. And that stupid smile made my heart jump a mile.

"I had some early practice." I frowned my eyebrows.

Did that mean Daphne was out as well?

"Oh." Avoiding any eye contact I kept my hands to myself and then went closer to the metal wall.