As if anyone could manipulate him, as if anyone could outwit Dominic. Her hate for me was uncalled for. In her madness, she didn't care who she hurt. I could not let it happen. My decision was made.

"Take her to Hara." Dominic ordered. Picking Maria up, Leo rushed out of the room.

"Let me kill her, my King." Kaili spoke, "You know I am better."

That did it. Taking aim, I threw the shard. She fell to the floor, the shard lodged firmly into her chest. After a few moments of struggling, she stilled. I didn't know if she was dead, nor did I care. All I wanted was to see Maria and hope that she lived.

I had no pity in my heart as far as Kaili was concerned. All I felt was apathy. It was her own doing. She would've been dead even if I hadn't been the one to kill her. Dominic would never have allowed her to live, Leo would never have allowed her to live for hurting Maria.

There were more footsteps and then a few guards entered the room. I assumed that they'd accompanied Dominic to look for me.

"Burn the body and get the house cleaned." He turned and picked me up. I didn't protest. There was no energy left.

"Eurus is in the back garden." I informed.

He nodded and carried me to Eurus.

"Can you stand? I need to untie him."

"Yes."

Once seated, the horse started sprinting towards the palace. I shivered due to the cold wind. Dominic brought his arms around me and pulled me to his chest.

"You don't have to."

"I do." He countered, "when did you learn to ride him?"

"I had nothing to do while you worked." I replied.

"Do you want to leave?" He asked after a while.

"Do you want me to?" I held in my breath, waiting for an answer.

"No!" He said, "but I thought that you might, after the way I behaved."

I did not want to think about it. There was too much on my mind. Maria was injured because of me and I'd just killed somebody. Cherry on top, the nectar was making me sick.

"Dominic, I'm tired." I sighed, "can we not talk about this now ?"

"Will you at least hear why I did it ?" He pleaded.

"Go on." I stifled a yawn.

"Torus is hiding something from us. I can not act rashly, he knows too much about the kingdom. He holds too much power over the spies. I never doubted you but I needed him to believe that I did." He explained, "so when he suggested questioning you, Leo and I agreed to it. Why wouldn't I trust you Seraphina ? I thought you knew me better than that."

"So it was just for show?" I frowned at him.

"Yes."

"And you're not lying ?"

"I swear to you that I'm not." He sighed, "I didn't think he would go so far Seraphina. I'm sorry. I should've stopped him earlier. I should've talked to you before doing this. I'll never allow it again. Can you forgive me ?"