Chapter VII : The Devà & Riddles

Începe de la început

"What kind of game?" Katherine asked sitting down on the water sofa.

We all took our seats, Aiden on my right and Phoenix on my left. Rowan on the love sofa and Channel sticking to him and almost sitting on his lap. Hey, Quinn Bitch. Mentally rolled my eyes and focused back on the conversation.

"Riddles."

Phoenix and Aiden grinned and cheered. Whilst Katherine shook her head in disapproval.

"No, you boys always win or get too much perverted." She stated glaring at Aiden, clearly aiming the last part to him.

He only smirked wickedly at her and sat up straight.

"We play this game then you girls get to choose the next one." Phoenix suggested.

Katherine and I grinned at the same time and agreed.

"Okay so who will start?"

"I'll go first." Phoenix said.

"Okay what do you bet on?" Rowan asked as he lit a cigarette. I will seriously stick that cigarette down his throat so he can truly taste its disgusting taste.

"Bet on?" I asked confused.

"Yes, we bet. Let's say I am telling you the riddle, if you answer it correctly you win, if you give up I do. We usually bet on money." Katherine said and shrugged.

Hmm, that seems fun.

"Usually no one understands Rowan's riddles. Or even when you do you just can't figure out the answer." She continues on explaining.

"Well that's about to change." I stated nonchalantly.

"Ooo, we've got us a Devà here." Aiden squealed and winked.

"Okay, go ahead Aiden."

"Whoever wins, earns £20." He said.

"That's a poor price."

"It'll do as a start." Phoenix said to Katherine.

"Okay, I'll give you an easy one. I am a being with many faces. My first is peaceful and calm, but can kill you. My second is strong enough to smash ships but still fears the sun. My third flies when it's born and runs when it's dead. My fourth goes away and never returns. What am I?"

We all went in thought and before anyone could reply, Rowan did.

"Water." He said with a bored look.

"Yup! That's the answer."

"Seriously, Aiden? You could do better than that." Rude boy said shaking his head.

Aiden shrugged and gave the money over to Rowan.

"My turn. Price goes to £50.
Of no use to one,
Yet absolute bliss to two.
The small boy gets it for nothing.
The young man has to lie or work for it.
The old man has to buy it.
The baby’s right,
The lover’s privilege,
The hypocrite’s mask.
To the young girl, faith;
To the married woman, hope;
To the old maid, charity.

What am I?" Katherine said with a smug look.

"Rude boy, don't answer." I said with a glare making everyone laugh.

Hmm, a bliss to two. A small boy gets it for nothing.

A small boy has his parents mostly around that are loving to him. That means he gets their love for nothing and without trying. Everyone likes small cute boys.