Chapter 1

The sound of my black ankle boots tapping on the pavement echo through the street at night is the only thing that I can hear besides the thumping of my chest. Walking alone at night can be scary sometimes, but I have no choice. I have just finished my work at a nearby company as a part-time secretary.

I live alone in a small apartment since I was 9 years old. I have no parents; they died in a car crash long time ago and sadly; I am the only daughter they have. I sigh myself from the coldness and stop my steps when I hear a small grunt and groan.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw couples of silhouette. I turn my head slightly and met those yellow ring eyes. The man has his hand gripping tightly on another man's throat. I gulp slowly.

He sniffs the air and then looks at me. He growls low and shows his sharp canines to me as a sign of warning. I just keep a straight face and continue walking.

Werewolves

Well, I am one of them, but I can't shift. I can hear and see just like them. Some of them labeled me as a forg. Well, forg is a werewolf who can't shift, but they have other speciality. I'm sure they know that I am a werewolf and that I am a forg kind too.

I think it is maybe because I lost my parents at such a young age that it traumatize me. I let out a long sigh while rubbing my forehead from the terrible memories.

The night is freezing. I can see my breath fanning in front of me. I walk along the street until I reach a small wooden bridge. The people here in this small town live harmoniously.

They decorate the bridge with small bulbs and flowers along with veins crawling on its structure. I have always loved flowers, and my favorite flower is the rose.

Typical

The river flows calmly tonight and the wind pass by smoothly through my long hair and it made my hair heave gracefully. I often stop at the bridge on my way back home from work to admire this little pretty things.

I let out a ghostly smile while admiring it. The coldness made me keep my hand in the pocket of my black jacket in seeking for the warmth.

The wind blows strongly this time and my body freeze when I hear someone's heavy breathing behind me. My eyes go wide as my heart thump impossibly louder. A hand softly grabbed my right arm and pull me around to face,  him.

I can't see his full face, but the only thing that is shining right now other than the moon is his eyes. It shines a golden color, and he is still panting.

"I... found... you..."
He says to me with an amount of difficulty. He raises his right hand and slowly rub my cheeks. I instantly feel a faint spark when his icy finger touch my cheek.

No

He is a tall man; I tell you, because he is literally towering over me and blocking the moonlight. He close our proximity and his head move to the crook of my neck.

My breath hitch when I feel his breathing against my skin and it sends a shiver to my body. My body temperature slightly rise.

Oh god

I should push this man away. I barely know him, but my body stay frozen. I take a step back, and he quickly follows until my body is against the rail. My breath become rapid. His left hand quickly wrap my waist and I can't help but feel safe. His touch relieves my sudden panic.

Suddenly, he grunts and falls onto me.

What?

I try to pick him up, but he is too heavy. Thus, I fall with him.

He passes out?

I slowly push him over and lay him on his back carefully. He is wearing a white shirt with a black leather jacket.

Blood

His shirt is stained with blood. My hand shakily raise his shirt and there it is. A deep wound down on his left stomach. I gasp. I hate blood.  A sudden worried flash to my face.

No, no, no, no, no,

I try to wake him up, but I can't. I feel like half of my soul have left. I looked around to see if anyone can help me.

"Excuse me, can you help me carry him?"
I shout at a passerby close to me as he start to run towards me.

"Yes, where do you want to bring him?"
He asks me.

"Um- to my house at 7th street."
I said shakily.

Why am I shaking?

He directed his eyes to look over the-pass-out-guy. He seizes a steps back and his eyes go wide.

"Do you know him?"
He asks me.

What do I say?

"Um- he's my boyfriend. Please sir, I need to treat him. He's bleeding."
I plead to him. I don't know why I plead to this man.

"Boyfriend?"
He looks at me confuse. He quickly turns around and run leaving me, panicking.

"Wait!"
I shout at him. I sigh as I watch his figure disappear through the darkness of the night, feeling frustrated. I have no choice. The hospital is too far and I can only bring him to my house that is nearer than the hospital. It is 12 am and the small town is empty. I slowly pick him up and start my journey.

This is going to be hell

------------

I reach my apartment a while after. I am breathing like crazy. This man is heavy. Why is he so heavy? I pull him in front of me and drag him through the flight of stairs. My apartment is one floor underground. I struggle slightly taking a flight of stairs down to reach my apartment.

The keys

After a few minutes, the door squeak open as my breath become shorter from carrying this heavy unknown man into my house. I quickly drag him and throw him on my dilapidated couch which he grunts lowly from the impact.

I hastily close the door behind me and lock it. I take a deep breath before I lift his shirt and gasp at the sight in front of me. I look over the wound carefully, and I frown.

Wolfsbane

Why would someone stab him with a wolfsbane? My mind keep asking me this many questions of why, how, who and what. I hurriedly went into the kitchen and reach for my gel in the cupboard I got from the pharmacy at my former pack house that I used to work for as a maid. I run back to him quickly while opening the cap.

This going to hurt

I pour the liquid gel onto the wound, and he hisses loudly from the pain. My hand swiftly reaches for his hand and I squeeze it tightly in an attempt to calm himself down. The wound stop bleeding and I sigh in relieve for the hundredth time.

I feel so tired from carrying him and from all the work I did back at the company. I look over to the clock on my beige wall.

Almost 2am

I suddenly yawn, and my eyes feel heavy. Unknowingly, I fall to sleep holding a man's hand that I know nothing about.

Goodnight

---------------------------

My first chapter

Where are all my lovely readers from?