eleven

Louis took a deep hurried breath and slid his hand over his abdomen, hearing a whistle blow from the front of the class. He sighed and wiped his face free of sweat, Ashton doing the same.

It was nearing eleven in the morning when Louis had arrived at the Dance Studio. They were rehearsing for future dances and practicing more difficult and hard to perfect moves. This was a usual apart of Louis' day, and he felt pretty normal, minus the fact that he felt eyes on him half the time.

It was the kid who visited his home a few days prior, Norman. Pristine and weird little fucker, Louis thought to himself. He sighed and decided to brush it off, though he knew it was bothering him greatly.

Since the whistle was called, that meant class was over and everyone could finally go home. Louis spent him time when changing in the change rooms, in his own separate stall. When he exited to the where the lockers were placed, he was confused to see Norman sitting there, on his phone. But, again, Louis shrugged it off without a thought and quickly put in the code to his locker.

He placed his dirty clothes into a duffle bag and pulled on his shoes, taking a quick look in the mirror before heading out. The moment his hand breached the door handle, he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Louis?" Norman called out softly, still seated in the same spot. Louis let out words that were incoherent and turned around with the nicest look he could muster.

"What's up?" the man asked, not moving a muscle.

Norman hesitated, pushing his phone into his pocket. "How bad is it up there?" the boy asked lightly, seeming nervous. Louis' brows furrowed and he definitely was unsure of what he meant.

"What?" was all he could say, dumbfounded. He just wanted to go home, away from this place.

Norman took a deep breath, hand clasping together as he stood. Louis swallowed and looked at the other mans profile with confusion. "I mean, like," Norman began, rubbing his palms together. "I got hired to work here by Payne, told him I wanted to be a dancer to try new things. But uh, I'm honestly scared. A lot of people, especially the men that go to the club, are fuckin' strong and I don't want to get hurt."

Louis suddenly felt pity for the man, because he knew how it could be scary at times. The Strip Club has had a few incidents where a man would try to harass the workers, which is why they have so many body guards so the chances of it happening was less likely.

Louis scratched the back of his neck, wondering why Norman had to ask him and couldn't just ask Liam about it. "It can be scary, but you'll be fine. If you don't want to do private dances... mention it to Liam."

Norman nodded, "Okay, sorry. M'just nervous."

Louis laughed awkwardly, although it came out as harsh puffs of air. "No problem, be careful and it'll go good." Norman nodded again and soon enough they were saying their goodbyes, and Louis let out an exhausted breath when he got to his car.

He sat there for a few moments and pulled out his phone from one of the duffles side pockets, going through it until he found Harry's contact name.

Louis: hey cutie, good morning!

It didn't take long for Harry to reply, so Louis waited to leave.

Harry 😻: Hiii! g'morning to you too (:

Louis: you're cute. did you know that? buuut anyways, i was just wondering if you have any plans for today?

Harry 😻: Thanks! You're sweet. and no, i don't, I'm at starbucks with Zayn right now but when we leave I have nothing planned