But alas, he was not.

Imagine the embarrassment he had felt during his first cycle as an omega. Seeing the judgment and utter disgust from other alphas in their pack when they saw him sweating cold bullets and paling from pain. Seeing the disapproval and anger from his father's eyes, scowling and almost growling. Seeing the disappointment in his mother's eyes as she tried to nurse him with herbal medicine and tea made by the pack healers to help his fever come down even for a bit. How he saw his father through his blurry vision, without a word, stormed out of their hut with a dark frown. And how his mother left him inside his room with cold, stoic face, as soon as the haze in his mind cleared a bit. And hearing all the bad and hurtful words from other pack members registering in his system even through his current condition.

Jimin had wanted to leave right there and then; leave his pack and maybe become either a rogue or stray. He doesn't know, but he doesn't care either. As long as he'd be away from his pack.

Jimin stares blankly at the dirty-white wall in front of him, trembling hands tightly clasped in between his knees. His breath had finally calmed down, but the beating of his heart was still stuttering in his chest. He felt like passing out.

He heard the door from his right opens followed by set of light footsteps against the wooden floorboard; silhouette of someone standing beside the bed he's sitting at. There's a long pause; only the tick-tock of the analog wall clock from somewhere in the room filling the silence—it's not awkward but also isn't comfortable enough.

There's a heavy sigh. "Okay, first thing's first." A low, raspy voice broke the silence. Jimin didn't dare look up at the source. There's some shuffling near him before a body of someone clad in thin white tee blocked his view of the dirty-white wall, cup clasped in between pale, long fingers. Valerian root tea.

The pale arms in front of him suddenly reached out, snapping him out of his reverie, catching himself on time and avoiding flinching away from the touch. His eyes wildly searches for the face of the person, promptly meeting a pair of dark-brown orbs. The pale hands stopped mid-way, just a few inches away from his. He stares at the dark-brown in front of him, nodding slightly to grant the person permission to touch him. And then there's a cup of warm tea in between his clammy hands.

"It's not your usual tea," he says softly, staring at the liquid in front of him.

"I don't think lavender tea would be a help this time." Jimin can clearly hear the shrug in the tone; his face falling at the mention of the flower.

He misses his alpha friend; it's been a couple of days since the other showed no interest in him. He doesn't have a clue of what he possibly had done wrong, but the other showed obvious disinterest in dealing with him the last time they talked so asking is out of the choices. The heavy feeling of losing someone close to him bites in his heart.

Yoongi pulls a chair in front of Jimin, sitting with his elbows resting on both knees before searching the younger's face with careful eyes. Jimin tries his best not to meet the dark-brown orbs, lithe fingers tightening around the tea cup as he watched the liquid dance inside the porcelain.

"I really don't want to ask what happened especially now that you looked like you're not ready to tell everything," the beta paused, watching the younger's change in expression carefully, looking for some signs akin to discomfort. He found none, but there's a flash of nervousness that crosses the other's eyes; he continues, "But I want you to tell me if you're hurting anywhere, Jimin. You wouldn't be here now sitting inside my house if it's because of a small thing. So tell me how I could help you."

Jimin stays silent for a long while, just staring at his own reflection on the liquid in front of him. He didn't fight the flash of images that suddenly popped in his head like a slideshow; the last time he talked to Taehyung that ended no good, the look on the transferee's face when they have first met, the imposing tone that pierced his ears and chest, the way he scrolled down directly to his alpha friend's contact only to scroll past his name, and how he ended up here in front of Yoongi.