The Twenty-First ✉️

Published: 02/19/2017; Sunday; 12:16am; Unedited

Sorry for the wait haha

I honestly love reading comments, by the way. I may not always respond, because I'm awkward and don't usually know what to say, but I appreciate every single comment I get.

You guys are amazing, and I couldn't ask for more.

Also, they put MLB and Seven Deadly Sins S2 on Netflix and Not Today MV is coming out on Monday and I don't have school and I'm sO READY TO BE SLAIN AGAIN

((LOL SORRY I HAD TO FIX THE BEE TO THE MIDDLE))

🐞

Marinette breathed heavily, or at least, tried to even it out.

Scratch all of that, she's trying to breathe.

Adrien was right next to her. They were sitting next to each other, Nino on his right, and her being on his left. Their class was in the library today, research on stuff that had momentarily slipped her mind as she tried to remember how to let out carbon dioxide and let in the oxygen.

She was failing.

'No,' she thought, finally letting in a shaky breath, 'I can do this.'

Alya took her seat next to Marinette, having the books she set out to find for the assignment, glancing at Adrien before looking at her and raised an eyebrow. In return, she but her lip and glanced down at her purse, where she had the next letter ready.

She doesn't have much longer, after all, to give out the haikus she's prepared before the next rainy day. The weather forecast said to have a rainy day within the next few days, and she wasn't ready.

She would never be ready, but it has to happen one day.

Alya flipped through the book while Marinette glanced at Nino, who gave a subtle gesture with his hand, keeping Adrien focused on him as they conversed and she took the letter out of her purse, looking around to make sure no one was looking, and bent over, pretending to look through her own bag and placing the letter in his open bag before going back to her own bag and taking a out a notebook and setting in front of her.

Alya sent her an reassuring squeeze on her arm, and she knew that no matter what the outcome, she would have friends to back her up.

🐝

"Are you saying that this isn't a good idea?!" She stomped her foot. "Daddy! This would be so good for both businesses!"

"Forgive me Chloe, but there isn't anything I can do. Gabriel is the one who said he isn't sure, and honestly, I feel the same."

"What do you mean by that?!"

"Well, I'm not exactly ready to hand my daughter off to someone just yet. You're still so young, you're still my little girl, and I can only imagine your mother would want you to wait."

Momentarily, her eyes softened, biting her lip. But to hide her now contradicting thoughts, she scowled, huffed and turned heel. Her father sighed behind her, watching as his daughter fumed away.

Hopefully one day she would understand why he was so hesitant on something so important as letting his own daughter get married.

🐱

Adrien let out a "what?" in disbelief and complete astonishment as he picked the letter out of his bag. When did this-- when was she even so close enough to him to have put another letter in his bag. He began hitting his head against his desk repeatedly.

Ladybug had skills.

He swooned not to long after before recollecting himself, clearing his throat, and carefully opening the letter. He didn't even notice his bedroom door open, Nathalie coming in after him not responding to the knocks and watch in surprise as the boy, one she had known for a long time to ever show any interest in love for someone outside of his family, swooned over a letter.

"Your way with words always astounds me, My Lady!" He twirled in his desk chair, hugging the note to his chest, and Nathalie carefully backed out, and closed the door quietly. She smiled tenderly, and went back to her work station.

She's sure it would be fine to tell him that he has a photo shoot tomorrow, later.

She felt somewhat relieved, to see Adrien so happy after so long, and he was so obviously head over heels. Her mind flashed to the polite girl who came to drop off a present for Adrien, shyly asking for them to give it to the young model who wasn't home yet.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, if she remembered correctly.

With a little quirk of her lips, she continued working, hoping only for the best for what she hoped would be true love at it's best work.

🐞✉️🐞

You began walking.
Never looking back at us.
I could only watch.

-Ladybug