The Twentieth ✉️

Published: 01/11/2017; Wednesday; 5:15pm; Unedited

I keep getting told to update and so here you go. So demanding. Three chapters within 24 hours. Please give me a break, haha...

I'm too young for this (lol /is almost eighteen).

Also I'm taking back the possibly ending at twenty-five. My chapters range from 500-1000 words and is pretty much a cellphone novel, so it'll probably be drawn out more to thirty. But I don't know anymore¯\_()_/¯

I uh, fixed the haiku to actually be a haiku hahahaha....

/slaps self

🐞

"You gave me the last one?!" Nino gaped, "I mean that's why I was confused when you gave it to me, I thought Alix was going to be the last one."

"I made an extra letter real quick and switched Alix that one for the one I gave you," Marinette explained, working on writing quotes on her paper and citing them. "I decided to make you a holder of the final hint last minute."

"I think I know why," Alya cackled, shaking her head. "Revenge."

"For what?!"

"For giving away the answer to Adrien," Marinette glanced at him, "Rose sits behind you."

"I didn't mean to!" He whined, "I felt bad seeing him like that and was just going to make it more obvious, but I didn't know it was Alix, I just knew the next person was the last one and it just slipped out--"

"Nino, it's fine."

"--and I was just helping a bro o-- wait, what?"

"It's fine, I already got my petty revenge anyways," she giggled, shaking her head. "It just sped things up and I can only hope everything works out."

"What do you have planned, anyways?" Alya leaned in, "You haven't told us anything last Alix, and Nino was an extra to the plan, but what's in the last letter?"

Marinette smiled, turning to look out the window and to the sky, "Let's just say I have to return the favor."

Oh, she still had another letter to deliver...

🐱

Adrien sighed as the car drove away, looking up at the sky in longing. He just wanted it to rain already!

"She may never be ready for you to find her..."

Alya's words echo in his head, and he frowned as he remembered. Then he started remembering everyone's words for him.

"Treat her well, she's a good person."

He will.

"You'll love her, she's admirable."

He already does.

"You better take care of her or you won't just have me after you, Agreste."

He made a promise.

"You have a lot to make up for, so start with finding her, and make her happy."

He has to earn forgiveness from not just her, but everyone else.

"So, just don't give her excuses."

He won't, he will give her his love.

She may never be ready for him, but she couldn't hide forever. He would be patient, he'll await the day where it rains and he would give her time to let her prepare to reveal who she was.

Her time was almost up, and he would give her all the time in the world, but he has a promise to keep, and a lot to make up to her.

He closed his eyes picture those blue-bell eyes staring at him in shock...before his umbrella closed on her. Surprised by the event, Adrien burst out into laughter, and he heard a tinkling giggle as she fixed the umbrella.

The bell rang, signaling the start of class, his eyes fluttered open, the teacher had yet to arrive, letting the students roam around and chatter. He didn't have many friends or people that he knew in this class, but he never failed to interact with them when needed. But this wasn't one of those times where he wanted to be polite and join a conversation, so he pulled his bag onto the desk and opened it to take out items he needed for class.

But he froze, mouth dropping slightly open in surprise at what sat inside his bag.

A letter from Ladybug.

🐞✉️🐞

I watched you for years
and waited for the moment
you'd remember me.

-Ladybug

🐱

Adrien's heart fluttered, a Haiku? Ladybug wrote him poetry! The context though...there was definitely a hint of nostalgia, but there was also sadness. He flipped the paper, checking if there was anything on the back but without anything else, he was left to ponder on the Haiku and when and who had left the letter in his bag without him noticing.

🐞

In her own class, the principal had just informed her that her teacher was out sick so they had a free period to work on other stuff, and Marinette tapped her chin as she bit at the end of her pencil, wracking her brain as she counted syllables.

Who knew Haikus were so difficult?