Chapter 3

I continued to stare at him as if he was some alien from outer space.  The guy was really confusing and I had no idea what was going inside his twisted head. He acts like a jerk most of the times, and then there was also this sweet guy everyone adores.  Well, excluding me! Undoubtedly, I have never seen the sweet side of Mr. Collins because he never bothered to be civil towards me. But then again, I have seen another side of him that no one has witnessed; the crazy side. There is no doubt he is bipolar.

Mr. Collins cleared his throat to gain my attention.  The fury has left his eyes and it was replaced with the cold look again. ‘Here you go again dude,’ I thought to myself.

“Stop staring at me,” he demanded. “And quit ignoring my question,” he said annoyed.

‘Now you are getting on my nerves buddy,’ I thought grumpily. I tried to control my anger. I didn’t want to say anything that I would regret later. He is my boss, and I don’t want to worsen our already troubled relationship.

“Um, what are you talking about Mr. Collins?” I asked him carefully. I even tried to recall all our meetings, but no, I couldn’t remember any incident where I hurt his feelings. All our talks were completely official.

“You are a wonderful actress, Sara,” he snarled. “And you are not what I thought you were!” He let out a wry laugh. “I thought you would be honest with me at least once, but who am I kidding.” His gaze connected with mine for an instant and I looked away. Somehow I couldn’t look at his eyes. My heart started to feel heavy for some unknown reason.

“Look Mr. Collins! I have no idea what you are talking about,” I told him irritated. “You just came to my office and declared that I played with your feelings. Are you out of your mind? You should tell me what exactly I have done.”

Something flashed in his eyes and he took a few steps back. “You don’t remember anything, do you?” he asked quietly, his voice strained. I looked at his face perplexed and our eyes met again. His gaze burned into mine and all I could see there was pain.

I swallowed nervously and shook my head. “No, I don’t know what you are talking about,” I whispered.

His eyes darkened and I trembled a bit when I saw the ferocity there. I had never seen him so angry before. If looks could kill, I would have withered then and there. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Before I could gather the courage to ask him anything more, he murmured a never mind, turned on his heel and walked away. I stood there shocked and stared at his retreating figure with my mouth hanging open.

What just happened?’ I asked myself. It was too much for my brain to comprehend. How could he accuse me for something I had no idea about? The nerve of him! I felt so angry and frustrated, and deep inside, hurt. My eyes stung and tears started to roll down my cheeks. I wiped it furiously with the back of my hand and slumped into the chair. ‘No, I am not going to cry, I am not weak’ I thought stubbornly. 

I contemplated on confronting Ryan Collins about the drama he pulled, but the logical side of me decided against it.  I was not in a state to deal with the guy anymore today. I tried to push all his thoughts to the back of my mind and focused on my work.