Chapter 15

Please note that this chapter is not edited, so kindly excuse all the spelling/grammar errors. Happy reading :)

Chapter 15:

I found it hard to breathe. His voice held so much sincerity and determination that it scared me a little. I knew that I should keep my distance from him, and he would probably get hurt if I let him get close to me. I wanted to tell him that I could never fall for him, as my heart belongs to someone else. But my words were caught in my throat, and my mind went blank as his husky voice continued to whisper in my ear.

“The more you resist me, the more persistent I will be, ..”

My breathing hitched, and my eyes fluttered close as his hot breath tickled the nape of my neck. His fingers lightly brushed my ear as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I shivered at the contact.

“I love you Sarah Anderson, and it’s my promise that one day, I will make you fall in love with me.”

My eyes went wide, and I froze. I couldn’t believe my ears. Ryan loves me! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I felt numb, and I stood there, rooted to the spot. I didn’t know how to react to that revelation. I had a hunch, but hearing it from his mouth was something I was not prepared for.

I took in a deep breath and turned around to face him. I studied his face carefully, searching for any traces of humor. However, his expression was serious. His ocean blue orbs penetrated into mine, and like always, I was trapped. I couldn’t look away. He looked at me intently, as if he is trying to see through my soul. A small teasing smile tugged at the corner of his lips and he leaned forward. My breath caught in my throat and panic started to build up inside me. Before I could move, I felt his warm lips on my cheek. A small gasp escaped my lips, and Ryan pulled away with a wide grin.  I let out the breath I had been holding, and took a step back. I ran my hand through my hair nervously, and sighed.

“Ryan, I --,”  my words were cut short by his finger being placed upon my lips. I looked at him confused.

“Shhh, don’t say anything,” he said, with a pleading look. “I know this is not easy for you. I know your heart belongs to Aiden. I am not asking you to love me this instant, what I’m asking for is a chance. Just think about it. Don’t say anything now.” With that being said, he opened my car-door wide and motioned me to get inside. “Bye, Sarah. I will see you next week.” With one last look at my puzzled face, he turned swiftly on his heel and walked away.

I controlled my urge to stop him from walking away. I decided to leave the damn place before I do something I will regret.  I climbed into the driver’s seat and started the engine. I took one last look at his retreating back and  pulled out of his driveway.

-----------------

I was having a hard time concentrating on the road, as Ryan’s words kept on reverberating in my ear. I gripped the steering wheel tight, and tried hard to focus, but I couldn’t. I need some distraction, something that could calm my nerves. I grunted in frustration, and pulled the car to the side of the road, killing the engine. I rested my head on the steering wheel and took some calming breaths. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and dialled my mom’s number.