Chapter 14

I quickly walked inside and my eyes widened at the sight before me.

There was at least a dozen walkers pulled apart and thrown into a pile. I took a closer look and touched some if the blood, it was fresh.

I heard a small sniffle from the other room. I quietly made my way over and tried turning the handle and pushed on the door. Nothing happened, it was locked from the other side.

I stepped back before kicking the door hard, it flung open and I raised my crossbow walking into the room.

I was tackled to the floor, crossbow knocked out of my hand. It was too dark to see my attacker.

I pulled my hunting knife out and held it at their throat. They raised their hands and backed off of me. I got to my feet. "What's your name?" I asked, my voice sounding harsh.

"Jeez, your memory that bad Darlene." I heard a familiar voice say with a light chuckle.

"Minx" I huffed and pulled her into a hug. "Come on, we gotta go" I said pulling away.

"No" she said sternly.

"We ain't got time for dis" I said pulling on her arm. She pushed me away and stepped back.

"No, not until you tell me what happened with Merle" she said, her voice shaking with every word.

"Minx, dis isn't the-" but I was cut off.

"No, Daryl! This is exactly the time. Now you tell me what happened, or I ain't goin anywhere" she said crossing her arms over her chest.

"If you don't come, I'll jus' knock ye out and drag you back" I huffed, frustration clearly in my voice.

"You do that an Ill just leave again. Just tell me what happened!" she yelled running her hand through her hair. She slid her back against the wall and sat down.

I hesitantly sat down next to her and we both stared at the wall in front of us. "The governor" I said "He killed Merle." I said. I heard her sniffle and then she buried her head against my chest and cried.

I slowly wrapped my arm around her shoulder and hugged her tightly to my chest.

After a good ten minutes of crying, minx had finally calmed down.

"Why'd ye leave?" I asked. She pulled away from the hug, leaning against the wall and looked at me.

"Its, its complicated" she said looking away.

"We got time, spill" I said.

Minx's POV (WOOP)

I didn't want to bring this up, I'll just turn into a girly girl and start crying again. But I knew Daryl won't give up till he got his answer. We Dixon's are the same.

"You remember Lola?" I asked.

"The short red head?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said before continuing. "Well, we had a school project together. We had a plan, go to our house to get my notes and then go to her house." I said taking a deep breathe. "but when we got to our house, dad was home, drunk" I said, I felt Daryl tense next to me. " 'Do you know how disrespectful it is to invite a whore into a house?' he yelled at me. It turned into this huge screaming match between the two off us, but what I didn't know was that he had he shotgun next to him" I said, the first tear escaped my eye as I remembered the night.

"Before I knew what was happening, I had the barrel of his gun pointed at my chest. Man, I thought he was bluffing when he said that it was loaded. 'If you say another word, I'll pull the trigger" he warned me.

FLASHBACK

"If you say another word, I'll pull the trigger" my dad warned me.

Before I could say anything else, Lola hit him with a baseball bat. The next thing u hear the shotgun go off. Lola turns to me, and I see the wound in her stomach that was gushing with blood. She collapsed on the floor and I quickly ran to her and took my second shirt of and pressed it on the wound as she winced. The shirt was quickly soaked with blood, I could see her slipping away.

"Y-you have t-to l-l-leave" she stuttered. "Start a n-new l-life." she said a quickly shook my head. "Please, f-f-for m-me" she whispered. I watched as her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her heart stopped beating.

END OF FLASHBACK

My eyes were now waterfalls as Daryl held me, I missed him so much.

"I'm sorry, you should have never had ta be alone with 'im" he said. He stood up, pulling me with him and handed me a silenced gun. "We have to go now, you ready?" he said and I slowly nodded. "Stay close" he said as we started walking out of the abandoned house.

Aaaaaaaaa, I felt bad for not updating this book so I made it an important chapter. I also showed how Daryl soft side ;) they had the sad moment. Is anyone else excited for it to start up again.??

I would also like to mention that I got WAY more votes and comments than I was expecting.

THANK YOU!!!

This chapter is 5 comments and 10 votes!! Tell me what you think.

One more thing, please read my other book, 'Adopted by Who?' It's about Chandler and Andrew :)

-Zombies Out!!!