Chapter 9

Merle as in my brother Merle. it couldn't be. it even looks like him. If it is I don't want him to find out yet.

I watched standing slightly in front of Maggie as Merle started putting guns in a bag. "Hey, your not goin'" I said to him as Glenn shut the door.

"I don't need permission" he said and continued to pack weapons.

"I can't let you" I said to him.

"You can't stop me" he said.

"Your gonna live here with us your gonna do it on our terms" Maggie spoke up. Merle picked up the bag and started to the steps.

"If Michonne can do it why can't you?!" I asked.

"Cause that my brudda out there, that why" Merle said. I felt like saying that it my brother too, but that will just give it away. "What's the matter with ya'll?"

Before we knew it they were fighting on the floor. Beth shoot a bullet and they stopped.

"So many issues" I say making Maggie give a small laugh.

****

I watched as Merle spoke to Michonne, trying to convince her he's right. Merle's still the stupid idiot he was six years ago.

*****

I watch as they come back though the gates. expressionless.

"Let's get inside" Rick says. We all follow him in. He's gonna tell us something, and it ain't gonna be good. No one here knows about me knowing the governor. I'm on his bad side now so I hope that he didn't tell him.

As we walked inside, and faced Rick bearing for the worst.

"So, I met this governor. Sat with him for quiet a while." Rick starts.

"Just the two of ye?" Merle asks. Rick nods. "Should have gone when we had the chance."

"He wants the prison. Wants us gone, dead.wants us dead. For what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war." he says. I can tell he's lying.

I follow closely behind Hershel, but not close enough for him to know that I'm there. I stood with my back against the wall listening.

"Groups taking it as well as can be expected. Merle and Michonne are convinced we should attack first. carol and I think we should take our chances on the road. We're in this together. so if we stay and fight, so be it." Hershel says calmly.

"He gave me a choice" Rick says. "A way out."

"What does he want?" Hershel asks.

"Michonne and minx" Rick says. My hands are now fists.

"He'd kill them" Hershel says.

"They're gonna kill us anyway. What if he doesn't? what if this is the answer?"
Rick asks.

"Why didn't you tell them?" Hershel asks.

"They need, to be scared." Rick says

"They are" Hershel replies.

"Good. cause that's the only way they except it." Rick says softly.

"She saved my life. Carl, Glenn, Maggie. If she hadn't of come here we wouldn't of known they were taken. She's earned her place." Hershel says.

"Yeah. she has. are you willing to sacrifice you daughters life's for her." Rick replied.

"Why are you telling me?" he asks

"Because I'm hoping you can talk me out of it." He says. I can feel my pulse in my hands. I can't go back there, never. I quickly run down the stairs and bump into Carl.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm-I'm f-fine" I say in between breaths. He was about to say something else but I ran to my cell. I sat down on my bed and forced my tears away. I couldn't cry hear. I see Carl come in from the corner of my eye. He sits down besides me.

"I said I'm fine" I whispered.

"No your not." He says. I feel his hand on mine. "look at me" he says. I do, ever so slowly. When I do, I can't keep it in anymore. The tears spill and I wrap my arms around him and sob quietly into his shoulder. He wraps his arms around my waist and it stay there until I finally fall asleep.

5 Chapters in one day!! Woop!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Zombies Out!!!