Chapter 12: Early Morning Surprise

This is Mika not Edith ^^^^^^^

With a heavy sigh, I make my way back to Kaito and Ran to see them having a friendly conversation. Ran then glances over Kaito's shoulder and smiles at me, but when he sees my distressed expression, his smile turns to a look of worry. "Edith?" He asks. Kaito then turns around with a raised brow. "You okay?"

"What's wrong?"

"I think I made Mika mad.." I mutter. Kaito tilts his head to the side.

"Whaddya mean?"

"..I think I got too excited about Yayoi leaving..and it made her upset. I have both of the ninja I grew up with coming on the journey and now she has none.." I sigh and look at the ground. I felt a warm hand on my arm trying to soothe my emotions and I look up to see Ran looking at me with a small smile. I can't help but stare into his gorgeous eyes. I slowly take in the other features of his face, not noticing a smile had grown on my own.

'He's got such a nice face. It fits his eyes perfectly.'

"There's that smile." Ran says suddenly.

"What..?" I ask, my eyes darting back to his.

"You smiled. I don't want you to be upset. I want to always see your beautiful smile, okay?" Ran asks, the smile on his face growing. My cheeks warm at his compliment, yet my smile stays.

"Okay. Wait a sec, where's Kaito?" I ask glancing to where he used to be.

"I guess he left. Maybe Shiroya needed him." Ran suggests.

"But wouldn't we have heard him?"

"I dunno. Don't worry about it too much though. Let's just go get some breakfast, okay?" Ran then leans forward and presses a quick kiss to my forehead before walking away toward the kitchen, leaving me there a blushing mess.

"Come on, Edith! You don't want to miss breakfast, do you?" Ran asks with a grin.

   "No way! I want food!" I shout catching up to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Shiroya had finished cooking, he called us all to the table to eat. When we were all seated together, I noticed that the seats belonging to my Sakura haired cousin and my partners silver haired brother were empty.

"Roya?" I ask with my head tilted.

"Yeah Edith?"

"Where's Mika?"

"Oh. Well, I had her go and get Kiku up since breakfast was ready, so she's probably with him." Shiroya explained with a finger on his chin.

"Oh no.." Ran mutters. My gaze shifts to the ninja seated next to me with a raised brow.

"Ran?"

"You mean, Mika went to wake Kiku up?" Ran asked. Roya simply nodded before taking a sip of the tea Mika had made.

Ran then shot up from the table and bolted toward Kiku's room. "Ran?! What the heck?!" I stand up as well and chase after him.

"Ran?!" I follow closely behind, trying to figure out why he's in a hurry.

"Kiku is a really heavy sleeper, so waking him up may be...difficult." He explains briefly.

"What do you mean?" I ask as we make it to his room. Ran then pushes open the door to Fuyukiku's room with a shout.

"Mika! Sorry, I didn't get to tell you. Kiku is--" As soon as the door was opened, my jaw dropped. Mikaela Unmei was currently hovered over Fuyukiku, with both arms on either side of his head. Kiku's weight was rested on his elbows as he peered into Mika's eyes deeply. Mika jerks her head in our direction, her face glowing a bright red tone. Kiku glances at us and sits up even further under Mika. I hadn't even noticed that everyone else had followed Ran and I, and also had their mouths wide open in shock.

"Oh...guys." Kiku mutters tiredly. Mika looks over everyone and her face glows brighter.

"U-Uh...um, I...uh..." she stutters, obviously confused on what to say about the situation.

"What...are you doing?!" I shout, shaking myself from my shocked trance.

"Hey, Mika...!" Ran steps forward, still holding a shocked expression on his face.

"Did you...come to surprise him in his sleep?" Kikyo asks, also quite shocked.

"What?! N-No...!" Mika stutters, leaving the rest of us unconvinced.

"I never expect this from Mika of all people!" Shiroya states with a gasp.

'Mika and Kiku...what?!' I blink several times to make sure what I'm seeing is real. I can't believe she'd go after Kiku like that while he's sleeping!

"I can't believe it... You guys were together all this time?" Kaito asks.

'That can't be true...right?'

"No! You've got it all wrong! T-This isn't what it looks like!" Mika sits up and waves her hands in front of her face, her ears now a bright red.

"Kiku! Including the kiss from yesterday... were you really..." Ran seems so shocked at the situation. His brother and my cousin hooked up and no one said a thing to him.

"It sure looks like it to me!" Shiroya agrees with Ran, even though he never finished his sentence.

"These two were hooking up, right in front of our eyes!" Kikyo points an accusing finger. Mikaela then crawls off of Kiku and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Look, Kiku was still asleep so I tried to wake him..." Fuyukiku then sits all the way up and rubs his sleepy eyes.

"Why is everyone so loud?" He mutters. Ran then walks up to Mika and leans in to her ear.

"Kiku is a crazy deep sleeper, you know? Did he do anything weird to you in his sleep?" He asks.

'Weird? What would he do?'

"Anything weird?" Mika asks before her cheeks darkened slightly. I tilt my head to the side in thought. 'What would he have done?'
Mika quickly covers her cheeks with her hands and shakes her head profusely.

'Well, at least nothing happened, right?'

Suddenly a low grown can be heard throughout the room. Everyone stares at me when the realize it was my stomach. I hear Kikyo trying not to chuckle.

"...Can we go eat now?"