Chapter 38 Brother

*Rae*

Just as I guessed it,I saw Ace from the grocery store and my mom,I saw how she looked....more angelic like versus how she use to look, deranged hair,dark circles under the eyes. I headed straight to the couch where my grandmother sat in...is she fareal that this is okay??

Grammy:Rae, I've been hiding this for too long and also your mother.I didn't want you to find out this way but now this has to come to light.

I nodded my head and looked at Ace and Draya...they both shared the same green eyes and brown hair....I already knew what she gone say.

Grammy:Rae,sweety look at me?

I couldn't bare to look at her,im her 'only' grandbaby and she knew all along...

Me:What?!

Grammy: Don't raise your voice at me!......Rae, this young man right here is your older brother Ace Brown.

Me:I figured...I bumped into him at Albertsons.

I crossed my arms against my chest and waited for my no good mother to explain herself....

Draya: Rae, I wanna tell you how sorry I am...I really am.The times I left you all alone and brung home those men...I regret all of that.Forgive me please!Having a deaf child wasn't easy,I couldn't even pay for those doctor visits and then I was also sending money to Ace's father for child support.I kept alot of things away from you.Im standing right here so you can hear my pain.....when your grandmother called me and told me how you graduated college and started talking thru speech therapy.....I felt even more worse.I started working on myself,got off the crack,stopped stripping,and reconnected with my son.so now I am tryna make things right with you.

I quickly wiped my tear that had slipped and turned slightly to the side so they won't see.Just then I felt a hand on my knee...it was Ace's.

Ace: Rae,look at me....I am your brother....I suffered the same pain as you....those nights where I wished my mom would hold me and kiss me when things got hard.I cried myself to sleep...all I had was my dad and his homies.Do you know how I found mom?

I started shaking uncontrolably because this was all too much...he bent down infront of me.

Ace:I found her when I was drug dealing, she wanted a fix....I got some vibe from her,so I pulled out a picture that my dad gave me and the person who I was gone sell crack too matched the picture....I called her out and dragged her to my crib.I wanted answers.

Me:How bout my pain!?huh?!! I was born deaf and she didn't give a damn.I went without food for days!I was lucky that my school gave me free food.She brung home these disgusting men so she can get more money.I sat by my window everynight,wishing I could talk.Did you know she use to beat me?because I was the blame that my father left.

I was balling and I kept glaring at my mother...

Me:YOU!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!I WANT YOU TO FEEL MY PAIN!

I sat back down and started fumbling my hands wishing this ain't happening right now.Ace walked over and sat next to me again.

Ace:Sis look at me...im sorry all that happend to you...if I was there..(crying)I would have took you away from her.I could have took you to crenshaw with me instead of Compton.I said the same 'I hate you' saying to mom....but that's our mom.

Me:Even though I just met you, you seem really genuine....I never had that in my life.

After I said that he hugged me.I got a weird fuzzy feeling because I felt as if I knew him forever.We broke the hug and I stared at him.

Me :Brother.I like the sound of that.

He chuckled and slung his arm around me.

Ace:Even though I missed alot of years in your life....im here to make up for it.Baby sis ,since im 5 years older.

I smiled and nudged him...at this point the things around us didn't faze us,its like I found my twin.I was broke from my thought by Draya's voice.

Draya:Im sorry for being a deadbeat mother to the both of you.Rae and Ace,you had needs and I didn't fulfill them.But give me a chance and I promise to make it right.

I looked her way and I saw sorrow,regret,and sincerity.I cracked a faint smile and replied 'Mom, im sorry for saying that I hate you,but im willing to forgive and I dont forget'

She smiled back and said 'thank you baby,imma make this right this time'

After a couple of minutes of silence,my Grammy spoke.

Grammy:Let me explain myself to you Rae,I kept your brother away from you cause your mother told me to keep it a secret.I hurt from doing that to you.She was ashamed for getting pregnant at 15 and her circumstances.So I wanted to protect her,but know that everytime I see you ,.I saw my grandson.Please forgive me.

I nodded my head.

Me:Just don't do it again...im tired of lies.

Grammy came over to me and hugged me and kissed my forehead.

I just felt right.I guess telling them my news can wait,too much had happened.

After all this discussion...we ate and talked....well mostly me and my new brother,my mom and Grammy started talking more also.

Me:So like do u drug deal now?

Ace:haha yea...I served a couple of blocks just so me and mom can fly out here to see grams and finally meet you.

Me:I don't have anything against that,I mean you gotta do what you do right?

Ace:Yea,but I also work with my homeboy Nipsey Hussle and his music thing to fall back on.

Me:You know nipsey hussle??

He chuckled and laughed at my expression.

Ace:you too crazy!!but ya know tha streets keep calling my name...but imma make it tho.......so how was being deaf like?

I took a deep breath and sighed cause this is gone be a long story.

Me Well,it was hard...I couldn't talk,hear people or sounds.It blocked me from having a social life...people made fun of me and I drooped so low in my self-esteem.Until I met Donte.

oops...oh here we go.

Ace:Who Donte? oh im sorry for how everyone treated you...but look at you now.

I touched my hearing aid and smiled.

Me:Donte was my high school sweetheart but he was always gangbanging..

and don't worry bout it.

He nodded and left the convo as it is.

Me:Hey!you shud put my name on your wrist too.

Ace:Oh this?haha I will when I can find a tattoo shop around Atlanta.I got these tattoos of moms and grams because .....they are the loves of my life now,since I met you I fell in love again......I always wanted a lil sister who I can boss around and chaperon dates with...but yo ass too grown now but still.

I chuckled at we talked our life away...when everyone grew tired we said our goodbyes..I gave Ace my number and I gave him my phone to enter his.His caller I'd is 'big brutha'

I smiled and we hugged....even my mom too.I walked to my car and drove home.I got my family back now.

Comment/vote
I need 10 comments this time to update....and pleeezzzz dont keep saying "update please" or "this is good" come on don't be shy...give me sum feedback :)