Chapter 15 <R.O.D.>

*Rae*

Last nite was amazing...we held each other for hours.....Everytime i would look into Augusts eyes...I had flashbacks of Dontes face when he said he will make sure and see me around.. I can't keep this from my man...cuz August never kept anything from me....that I know of.

August: Babe wat do u wanna eat?

Me: I can cook some shrimp scampi..just give me a few minutes.

I got off his lap and went into his kitchen. I don't even know where his pots and pans are at...I hope he has something.

I pondered his kitchen in the cabinets and pulled out 2 pots. I took out some shrimp from the freezer. Note :I do the grocery shopping up in his house.

I started cooking and I would peek out to where he sat in the livingroom...he was watching football.I guess the Saints were playing cuz he was so into the game.

I smiled cuz my life seems complete.I began cooking and was done within 25 minutes.

I pulled out 2 bowls and filled them.I walked over to him and sat the food down...he dug in like it was his last meal.

I just picked at my food and I guess he saw me cuz he picked up my chin and looked at me.

August: Is something up?

Me: I have something to tell you...but I don't know how to explain it.

He furrowed his eyebrows.

Me: Last nite meant alot to me,and I wanna share something with you but I don't want you to look at me differently.

He nodded and i began explaining...slowly cuz im sure he can't read my sign language quickly like I can.

Me: Imma start from when I was 7, I never had a father,nor a mother well I did. She was stripper and would prostitute herself for extra money. She would come in with guys and I would go days without food. One day she came home, and she abused me.I suffered with that for 7 more years.Till I ran away.

By this time I was crying but August held my hand.

Me: I met this boy, he saved me and gave me a place to stay. He always gangbanged and drug dealed. One nite I asked if he was cheating and he hit me. I was only 14 and he was 15. I just sucked it up and stayed. Eventually he went to juvie, but he caused me so much pain. My grandmother heard about my situation and asked for me to live with her here in ATL..

By this time, Augusts veins in his neck popped out which signaled he was pissed.

Me: Im damaged goods August.

August: Well to me your not, you suffered alot and I did too.

He wiped my tears away and hugged me.

Aug: Imma be your ride or die aight?

I nodded and then he spoke.

Him: Since you opened up to me...imma do the same. At the age of 14,I got into drug dealing. My moms found out and she kicked me out. But she didn't know I was only doin that becuz she lost her job....I didn't talk to her for about 4 years until well my older brother mel got gunned down. He left me 3 neices to care for.I send my money to them each week. But I wanna sing..man like its helped me through alot. The struggle. But im still in these streets,im trying so hard to get out of it but im always stuck.

I nodded and he wiped his face.

I hugged him till the sun went down.

If only i had the courage to him that his friend was the one who hurt me.