Chapter 8: Forgive

------a/n-------

I want to dedicate this chapter to all of you feeling 'down in the dumps', for lack of better words. No matter how many flaws you see, remember that there is someone who loves you. If you haven't already, go download 'Who You Are' by Jessie J. This is a very inspirational song. Thanks for reading, everyone!!

--------------

My shift is over, and I'm rushing to church. After work, I changed into some black dress pants and a blue blouse. I pull up in the church parking lot beside my parents and run inside the church.

Dang it, I'm late.

"...We must forgive others," the preacher has started, so I sit down by Brenda, who is near the middle.

"As humans, we tend to forget that others are human too and make mistakes. Let me tell you something. I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm perfect. Yes, I am a sinner. Yes I make mistakes. We all do. That's why our Heavenly Father gave His only Son to pay for our sins. You see, Jesus loved us so much, that He gave his life so that we could have this forgiveness. So what I'm telling you today is: don't withhold forgiveness."

______________

After church

I'm so moved by the preacher's sermon that I drive over to Lily's house. She answers the door and asks, "Why are you here?"

"I-I forgive you," I blurt out. All this time I was thinking of ways to get back at her and Mattie, but today I realized that I just had to forgive them. It's better this way in the long run. Although, I admit, I had been brewing up a plan to get revenge.

"What are you talking about? Listen, I have some stuff to..."

I interrupt her, "I'm the fat chick! That was me you were making fun of at the store!" I'm seriously doing this.

She blinks a few times. "I'm sorry," she whispers.

We stand there for a couple of minutes until Lily breaks the silence. "Wow, I really never realized how mean I was. I'm just, so so sorry." She hugs me and invites me inside. I notice Mattie standing behind the door.

"I'm sorry," is all she says. She smiles, and I smile back.

We hang out in Lily's huge house for a couple of hours. Did I mention it's huge? They have been treating well, and I'm honestly glad I got this off my chest. Maybe not everyone that makes fun of certain people has a cold heart. Sometimes people do it out of misunderstanding. Gets me thinking about Brandon again.

Mattie has managed to give me a manecure, even when I accidentally scratched her arm. It turns out both of their parents are vacationing and will be back next week. They have been taking turns spending the night at each others house to avoid loneliness.

"So, word around the block is that Brandon apologized to you," Lily says. I'm kind of surprised that they know. I hadn't told anyone but my friends and Lex...ah. Yep, he probably mentioned something about it. I don't think he told them everything since it seems like she wants to question me about it.

"He's a hottie, you know." Mattie winks and Lily tries to cover up her laugh.

"Yeah, whatever," I mutter. I exam my nails and pretend that I'm not listening.

"Why don't you like him?!" Lily exclaims.

I really don't want to say anything, but since they really want to know. "He called me Gigantica."

They stay quiet for a while. "But you forgave US," Lily says. I can tell she feels bad.

"I forgave him too. I just don't want to talk to him." I know I should give other people a chance to get to know the real me. I mean, I went from really disliking Lily and Mattie, to hanging out with them. I guess I could give Brandon a chance.

"Come on, just give him a chance. I'm sure there's a nice guy somewhere underneath that football uniform."

"Fine," I whine. "I will talk to him the first day of school. But if he's mean, I might punch him again."

"Yay!" They both scream. Are these people crazy?

------author's note-----

(Forgiving may be a hard thing for some people to do. In my opinion,  forgiveness is necessary for true happiness) sorry this was so short! Still loving and thanking you guys! :)