Chapter 3: Peanut Butter

I'm in the grocery store looking at the different types of mayonnaise. I keep eyeing the sample table. Damn, they have peanut butter. My gaze travels from the creamy to the crunchy, as I debate on which would taste better at the moment. I'm so tempted to walk over there and try some. Later, when no one is looking, I think.

"Look, it's Gigantica!" I hear a familiar voice shout. I turn around to see who it is. It's the guy who made fun of me at Rags And Tags. His shirt is so tight, I'm almost sure it will rip at any moment. I probably go to school with him. Eh, he's not important either way.

"Not cool, man," his friend says.

Oh crap! I immediately match his voice to the cashier from Rags And Tags. It is no other than Aris that is with him. I turn around before he can see my face, but I know he saw me when I hear the stupid guy again.

"She saw us dude! We better run before she tries to sit on us!" He's laughing now. I walk towards the idiot and stare at him until he stops laughing. When he looks at me, I don't even give him a chance to breathe. No longer able to contain my anger, I bring in my fist with so much force, and punch the guy so hard that he falls on his ass. My knuckles receiving most of the impact, turn red and hurt like crap.

Aris is smiling now. I wipe my hands on my pants and head to the sample table to claim my prize.

________

1 hour later

After three samples, purchasing my favorite type of mayo and so many different types of chips tempting me, I'm finally on my way home.

Looking back, I kind of feel bad for hitting what's-his-face. My mom always tells me to avoid conflict, but my tolerance has it's limits. I assure you, he will not ruin the rest of my summer.

But I just love the expression he had on his face! I wiped that smirk right off. I almost wish Aris hadn't been there to see me lose my temper. His friend did have it coming though.

As I go inside I hear Lex talking to someone. "Dude, it's not a double date! We're just taking the girls to a water park." I decide to listen in. He's sitting on our red couch, his back to the door. I leave the two grocery bags by the door and hope he doesn't hear me. I tip-toe behind him and hide behind the couch.

"Listen, all I need you to do is get their numbers. I will call Lily as soon as you do and hook it up."

'Hook' what up? I can't hold it in anymore. I bust out laughing. Lex screams and I hear him explain to his friend Tony, "Dude, my sister was hiding behind the couch! She's so freaking nosy!" He's right about that. Lex storms upstairs to his room, and I'm still rolling on the floor. I'm gasping for air, but I contain the raging fit of laughter. Once I can breathe again, I go upstairs and call Teresa. If I'm going to the water park, then she's going bathing suit shopping with me. I shiver, thinking about how I'll have to wear a bathing suit.

-------author's note--------

Thanks to all those who are reading. I really appreciate it! And Lois got her revenge on Brandon!

Let me know what you think. Comment, vote, share.