It's Been a While

"So," Evil asks, "how you been Null?"

"Pretty good," I reply, "still miss Uncannoned, but, with what I.T.'s working on, at least we'll have that. What about you guys?"

Evil sips his soda. "Still can't figure out the bacon flavored soda," he explains, "it tastes like grease."

He takes another sip. "Then stop drinking it bro," Good sighs.

"Nah," Evil replies, "soda is soda."

"What about you?" I ask, "everything good with you and End?"

"Oh," Good replies, "yeah. End picked up chess as a hobby and I've been practicing my weapon smithing just for kicks. Things have been pretty tame."

"So," End asks, "What exactly is the canon timeline like? I've never been."

"The canon timeline," I reply as we silently agree to start away from the castle, "is a hostile place. The plot is always in motion, although sometimes dormant. I've never seen a moment where Gen and Edgar weren't planning for what came next."

"What exactly do you think Uncannoned's gonna do now that he's there?" Evil asks, "I mean, he doesn't seem like the type to attack the author."

"Yeah," Good replies, "that's a  good question. If I had to guess, I'd say he's working on getting us physical form."

"Maybe so," Evil replies, "but my guess is that things are to hectic right now. Reaper is making an attack on Gen and Edgar in book three. Chances are they're paranoid as all Hell."

"I'd bet he's trying to get his barrings in his new life. That or preparing for I.T. They're still gonna destroy that timeline if they can."

"Ah well," Evil smiles, "hey, while we're all together, why don't we play some ping pong? I have a table back at the lab."

"Sure," I smile, "let's go guys."

We begin towards Evil's lab, but I continue to think about Uncannoned. Wondering what he's up to, and more importantly, if he's OK...