Remorse and Resentment

I practice my singing for when I see Uncannoned again when suddenly I sense I.T.'s aura spike. Along side it, is another powerful aura. The level of which is higher than End, but just shy of us entities. Just over The Kin.

Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't see The Kin in the last book. Guess I.T. sent the poor broken souls out on a quest to destroy a world.

I begin to walk towards I.T.'s castle to investigate. Curiosity consumes me like fire. It takes my mind off of Uncannoned, if only for a moment.

The nature spirit attacks me with an uppercut. I can sense the others approaching. I have to end this now.

I attempt to counter, but at the last moment, something stops me. I am forced to recall killing everyone. All those I've erased, flash before my eyes. I push this aside. I can feel no remorse. The world Gen made, was made on the foundation of a sin. That sin, was killing Andrew. As revealed in Misadventures of the Entites. If you haven't read it, then not my problem.

I strike, this time, I do not hesitate. I kill my daughter. She'll reform soon enough, but that should buy me enough time to deal with the others...

I approach the front door of the castle, only to find Good, Evil, and End banging on the door.

"Open up!" End yells, "I won't let you do this dad!"

They say dad, but the way they say it, it's so condescending and bitter. Like, there's a certain rage behind it. A resentment.

"You guys felt it to?" I ask.

"Yeah," Good replies, "and we came to investigate."

"Yeah," Evil elaborates, "so let's do this."

"Open this door before I break it down!" End yells.

OK, let's do this. I open the front door...