A Promise Made

"Hey guys," I smile hiding my guilt, "what are you guys doing here? Didn't I tell you not to come without calling first? My research isn't exactly the safest stuff you know."

"That's why we're here," Good explains, "where's the soul I.T.?"

"Soul?" I fake it.

"Yeah," Evil elaborates, "there was an aura. What exactly did you make?"

I think for a second. Well, The Kin aren't exactly here, so if I just say it was them...

"Oh," I reply, "that was just The Kin. They came here to rest before finishing off a world. It's nothing to worry about."

That aura wasn't that of The Kin. It was stronger, and almost had a certain livelihood to it.

"The Kin's aura is different," I explain, "that was something else. We want answers I.T., so tell us, what exactly are you working on?"

I've got another idea. The only problem is that I have no clue if I can actually pull off what I'm about to promise.

"Fine," I lie, "I'm working on a way to contact Uncannoned. A sort of interdimensional video chat. I wanted to surprise you guys, but I also don't wanna be accused of something I didn't do. I'll have it up as soon as I can."

A way to contact Uncannoned? Why didn't I ever try that? "You promise?" I ask.

"Yeah," I reply, "now, I was working with some very unstable materials so, I gotta go. See ya guys."

"See ya," Evil replies.

I close the door. Oh gods, what have I gotten myself into this time? I have researched this before. It's theoretically possible, but I've never actually done anything more than designing a few blueprints... Well, there no time like the present! I head down to my workshop and get to work.

"Well," I smile, "looks like we're gonna get to talk to Uncannoned soon... So who gets to go first? I think we should determine it in advance."

"Calling it!" Null exclaims.

"I should go first," Good explains, "I just need to know he's safe."

"We're all concerned about Uncannoned," End interjects, "but I.T. is still the one making the device. They kinda deserve first chance. Anyways, while we're all in the same place, how's everyone been?"

Seems like a good idea to do some catching up. I mean, I don't see why not...